My Predator Helios 300 won't turn on!

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    @ken431256 As long as you're adventuresome, here are two possible solutions mentioned by some users as being successful for the safety interlock issue.  Jack E/NJ
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/546665/#Comment_546665
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/549720/#Comment_549720

Jack E/NJ

• ken431256
    ken431256 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hey JackE, I would want to try those steps but I am still under warranty for 1 more year. As it is already in for service (and they are going to replace my motherboard entirely FOC), I would be getting it back in the next 1-2 days. Additionally, can I request for the copy of the PDF that @egydiocoelho mentioned if possible, as I fear this laptop is going to have more problems after my warranty is up and would like to self-diagnose my problems from then on. This is already my second motherboard replacement within the span of a year (first time motherboard was dead completely, and now Acer repair centre claims that one of my RAM slots is faulty), is there a particular issue with this laptop model (G3-572)?

It is an extremely difficult time for my laptop to fail now as I am in my final semester at university and I need to have a laptop that I can rely on.
  • JackE
    Options
    You may get it back with a new mainboard but the problem may persist if the case is still not applying enough pressure on the normally-off interlock. You better make sure the ACER service folks know about the interlock issue --- point them to the two links I posted earlier if not too late. Manualslib dot com usually/eventually makes the service as well as user manuals available for Predator/Helios laptop models that are similar to if not exactly the same construction. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I agree with @JackE! If you choose to trigger the warranty again, talk about the locking problem so they can fix it! Or you can do it yourself by following the tips on the link posted by @JackE!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShobhitRaj
    ShobhitRaj Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    Well after over a month since my complaint was registered and multiple calls regarding the delay, I was contacted by the service center telling me my motherboard has arrived (did I mention that they said my laptop's motherboard needs to be replaced?). They said they will send their tecniciant to replace my motherboard. Is it normal that it takes so long for parts to arrive? They initially told me that the part wasn't available in their warehouse and that it'd take about a week to arrive. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Shipping depends a lot of the postal service in your country! These pieces are also usually imported and customs takes time to release imported products!
    Generally the cause of the delay in the delivery of imported products occurs within the country of the recipient at the moment when the product passes through the customs for the collection of taxes!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShobhitRaj
    ShobhitRaj Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    Well the motherboard was finally replaced and the issue was resolved. So I guess the only solution to this problem is replacing the motherboard.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It's good that your problem was solved.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    Yes, hope it stays fixed. But if the symptom appears again, then the mainboard's safety interlock with the case would be the prime suspect. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Thelegacy
    Thelegacy Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    The question is WHY does that happen with my Predator helios 300 ph317-52? , i had pretty much so many laptops before , but this one is gonna make me go crazy , because i don‘t understand why my laptop won‘t turn on , i bought this laptop from Germany 5 months ago , so far i had this problem for 4 Times , i asked for a new one , but the problem is still there!!

i had Thinkpad , Toshiba , Dell XPS , many more but i have never seen something like this , all of my laptops last for more than 4 years with ZERO problems.

now lets figure out i mean i just need to know why does that happen to my laptop , the laptop is ON but the screen is black , afew days later the screen runs normal again i tried this on 2 of them the same specs same company aswell , can someone explain to me WHY?

thank you in advance
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hello @Thelegacy This topic is a little old. Ideally, you create a new topic so that your question is visible to other users! Call me by adding the @ before my name!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Prochay
    Prochay Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My 6 months old ACER Predator helios 300 turned off suddenly and its won't turning on since then. Only keyboard light is blinking for once  when i am pressing the power button. I have done the battery poking things ! It doesnt work. please help me out.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @ProchayIdeally, you should create a new topic so that your question is visible to other users.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NANDAN_007
    NANDAN_007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an acer predator helios 300.The keyboard lighting seems to work when I power the laptop on,but the display doesn't turn on.what do I do
  • JackE
    Options
    As @egydiocoelho suggested, you sholuld start your own thread with full helios model number PH3xx-xx and details of your issue, when it started, etc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• muralidharamiti
    muralidharamiti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Acer India has an obligation to repair your notebook, as it is still under warranty!
    Yes, and I was finally contacted by the service center a few minutes ago saying they'd be coming for the repair next morning. I hope they actually do this time. Thanks for your help :)
    Hi bro now my laptop also facing same issue
    Can you tell me wat was the issue
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @muralidharamiti what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer