Acer Aspire E15 keeps randomly shutting down even when I have a full battery charge

Options

Answers

• thatscjxs
    thatscjxs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I also got the same issue. I bought Acer ES15 last December 2017 and in just 1 month it randomly shuts down. The laptop is working fine but it keeps on shutting down and restarting. Bios version is V1.07! Please contact me immediately and resolve the problem. I have a lot of work to do and Im afraid I might loose it and not be saved :'(:'(
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi all,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. Please contact your local Acer support center to get your unit for service, https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ select the country you are in and click on the support tab, on the left hand side you will find and option “contact support”.

Thanks! 

Acer-Manny

• D89Z
    D89Z Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    chongo228 said:
    Hey @RockySparky, I have the same problem, only when it is on my lap it shuts down, but can you post the photo where to find this button and what to do. You will help me a lot.
    I signed up on here just to help out with this post. This problem frustrated me soooo much. I contacted ACER 2 days after my warranty expired and got no help. I had removed my rear cover several times looking for the problem. Every time I would remove the rear panel the problem would get much better or much worse, so I knew I was moving something that affected the cause. 

Remove the cover- see the link posted several post up. The panel removed in the Youtube video is the one you want to remove. It is the panel on the back closest to the front (under the mouse/track pad). My computer had 3 screws holding this panel in. Once removed there is a small square cut out about 1/2 an inch across. If drew a line through the top of the laptop it would be under the Ctrl key (the one to the right of the space bar by the up, down, left, and right buttons). The button is very small and recessed in the little opening. It is next to one of the 3 screws that hold the cover on. I thought about tightening the screw next to it with would pull the cover tighter over the button but decided not to. The screws tighten into a threaded insert pressed into the plastic. If you tighten too much the insert will pull out of the plastic. Instead I added several layers of tap to the top of the foam that pushes the button down. Seems to have worked so far.

Acer warranty is a joke. 

Created an account just to post this.

I can confirm that this fix has worked for me as well, all you need to do is add about 1mm of material on the plastic foot that is located on the underside of the service panel depressing the spring switch.

I wanted to thank the community here for coming up with a fix, I thought I was SOL and had to already replace my new laptop. 

But really, Acer? -this speaks volumes of how you are as a company; all these people posting with the same problem and you won't even acknowledge it.  Last Acer product I'll ever buy.
  • she_Girl
    she_Girl Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi all,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. Please contact your local Acer support center to get your unit for service, https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ select the country you are in and click on the support tab, on the left hand side you will find and option “contact support”.

Thanks! 

Acer-Manny

Acer_Manny, this is poor customer service.  Clearly there is a flaw with many of your laptops.  I have an Acer Aspire E-15 and as everyone has posted here, mine keeps shutting down too. After this, I am done with Acer.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and pix, Maze! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RockySparky
    RockySparky Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Here are the missing pictures

• ryankellz
    ryankellz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Mαze said:
    Hey guys :)

I just opened the case of my VX15 to "fix" the random shutdowns and since one week I didnt have any issues.
    Therefore I just made during the process some pics for anyone had the same problems:
    As an explanation: The button everyone was referring is for the battery reset (pic below):

I just added below the button some plastic so it is not that easy anymore to push it randomly.

So I hope that this handmade thing gonna fix my problems. I think actually everything should be okay because I had this issue more than once a day =/
    I just gonna answer in this thread again if the problem occurs another time ;)

Cheers guys
    Maze
    Hey Maze,

Thank you so much for the pics!! And this is my model so even better! I'm looking forward to getting this done myself.  Quick question:  Do any of your pics show the actual plastic piece you added?  I've zoomed in on each pic and can't quite see a piece of plastic (unless it's covered by what's on top of it haha).  Also, any recommendation on what kinda piece of plastic to put?  Like a household item perhaps?... like one of those clips that keeps a bag of bread tied together?

Thanks!!
  • arnis_zogu
    arnis_zogu Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey @RockySparky
    Can you circle with a red line the problem or the button that keeps shutting down, and send photos of what you did to solve the problem. Because I have almost the same laptop as you.

Thanks
  • Mαze
    Mαze Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    @ryankellz
    Well actually it's some kind of plastic (golden parts near the button) which I cut in a rectangle^^

I draw a side view pic ( :') ) of the button to make it easier to understand what I did:
    The golden piece is actually the plastic I took which should make it harder to push the button randomly.
    The plastic was... just part of some random elektronic stuff I bought^^

I hope I could answer Your question :D

Maze
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks Maze. I think the last poster's laptop is a different model than yours but has a similar issue created by too little pressure from the cover. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mαze
    Mαze Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey JackE,

I wasn't referring to arnis_zugo but for ryankellz ;)
    Quote:
    "Hey Maze,
    Thank you so much for the pics!! And this is my model so even better! ..."

Regards 
    Maze
  • JackE
    Options
    Yep understood. I just mentioned it mainly for arnis_zugo's benefit. Thanks again, Maze! Your discovery was very helpful! Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• AlStorm
    AlStorm Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    E15-575G-57D4
    experiencing the very same issue
    would like to thank the community for the open source fix!)
    will try it out tomorrow
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks AlStorm! Please let us know how it works out for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• buecker
    buecker Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Anyone have this issue with a Travelmate X349?  I have ordered 13 of these this year and this is the first one with this issue but even though I got this RMA'd I have never gotten my RMA email and it is going to cost me money to have this sent out and to get it back because I live outside the continental US.  

If I could fix this without sending it in that saves me $40 and 3 weeks of shipping time...especially since my wife needs it to write her dissertation.
  • JackE
    Options
    I don't recall any reports specifically for the TravelMate x349. However, your model does have a battery reset pinhole which activates a disconnect battery button when a paperclip is inserted. If the case itself sometimes presses to closely against this button --- perhaps by lifting or moving the laptop, it might trigger a shutdown which some others have reported for another laptop model. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• buecker
    buecker Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I read the thread and what trick was used.  However, I didn't think this was my issue as I had the bottom off and it still shutdown.  Had it stationary and it shutdown.  Now, when plugged in it will shutdown occasionally but not as often on battery alone.  Backlight would also fade out just before it shuts down.

This discussion has been closed.