My Predator Helios 300 won't turn on!

ShobhitRaj
ShobhitRaj Member Posts: 9 New User
edited July 2018 in Predator Laptops
My month old G3-572-73PE Predator Helios 300 won't turn on. After some work on my laptop one night, I shut it down and went to sleep. Next morning when I tried turning it on, it just won't. The battery was at 100% too. When I press the power button, the power led just stays on for a few seconds before going off. The laptop does accept charging as the charging led turns on when I plug it in, but simply won't boot up. Keyboard doesn't light up, no response from display. Tried battery resetting, reconnecting the RAM but it's no good. I've contacted Acer service center several times but they're just delaying the dates. Can someone please tell me what could be causing this issue?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    >>>After some work on my laptop one night,>>>

What was the work that you were doing on your laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ShobhitRaj
    JackE said:
    >>>After some work on my laptop one night,>>>

What was the work that you were doing on your laptop? Jack E/NJ
    I'm an ameteur astrophotographer, and I take pictures of stars, nebulae, galaxies, clusters etc. I was preparing my RAW image files for stacking and after the stack I went to sleep, leaving the post processing for the next morning, now my data is stuck in the laptop.
    Although I should've seen it coming from someone xD...
  • Try doing a power reset! Locate the battery hole in the lower case of the notebook and press this hole with a clip or something with a thin point for 5 seconds and then let it rest for five minutes!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShobhitRaj
    Try doing a power reset! Locate the battery hole in the lower case of the notebook and press this hole with a clip or something with a thin point for 5 seconds and then let it rest for five minutes!
    I did try it several times but it didn't work out.
  • Did you try to update the bios before presenting the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    >>>My month old G3-572-73PE Predator Helios 300 won't turn on>>>I've contacted Acer service center several times but they're just delaying the dates. >>>

This is unacceptable!!! What is the name of the ACER service center that you are trying to get this issue fixed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ShobhitRaj
    Did you try to update the bios before presenting the problem?
    As I said, the laptop isnt turning on whatsoever. So I'm unable to update bios
  • ShobhitRaj
    JackE said:
    >>>My month old G3-572-73PE Predator Helios 300 won't turn on>>>I've contacted Acer service center several times but they're just delaying the dates. >>>

This is unacceptable!!! What is the name of the ACER service center that you are trying to get this issue fixed?

Jack E/NJ
    I contacted ACER support India to log my complaint 3 TIMES, and all the 3 times my case WAS CLOSED WITHOUT PRIOR INFORMATION because according ro my nearby service center, "The site is unreachable" although I've seen several other servicemen from other companies like HP and dell and even ACER itself. They didn't tell me the name of the service center but both were from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
  • This is unacceptable! Did you try to contact the store that sold you the notebook to try for an exchange or the money back?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Acer India has an obligation to repair your notebook, as it is still under warranty!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShobhitRaj
    This is unacceptable! Did you try to contact the store that sold you the notebook to try for an exchange or the money back?
    I bought it from an online store and the exchange/refund period is only 7 days from the date of delivery. My laptop is only about a month old. I was however finally contacted by the service center few minutes ago and they said they'll be coming to check and repair the laptop next morning. Let's see how this goes. 
  • ShobhitRaj
    Acer India has an obligation to repair your notebook, as it is still under warranty!
    Yes, and I was finally contacted by the service center a few minutes ago saying they'd be coming for the repair next morning. I hope they actually do this time. Thanks for your help :)
  • OK! When you have a definitive answer to the problem, come back here in the community to tell us how it was solved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ken431256
    ken431256 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I too have above-mentioned issue with my Helios 300 (G3-572-7703).

On battery (around full charge), while reading my lecture slides during my university classes, my laptop suddenly shuts off and lines appeared on screen. When I tried to boot it up again, the keyboard lights up for 5 seconds and shuts off. Then it restarts itself for 5 seconds and turns off again repeatedly.

When I close the lid, the reboot loop stops. So I press power button and same problem above ^ happens again. 

However, if I leave it alone (lid closed) for about 10-15 minutes, the problems stops and I can enter my laptop with no issues, and resume reading my slides. But, after 10 minutes of reading my slides, the screen goes black with lines and shuts off again.

So I went home and charged it up fully for about 10 minutes without attempting to turn it on. After turning it on, no problems whatsoever, I could play games like Tom Clancy's The Division for more than 3 hours and surf youtube and read documents into the long hours of the night. Luckily, I managed to backup some of my important university data in case it happens again.

So yesterday morning, during my lecture classes, it happened again (auto shut off, turns on and off by itself) while on battery. So I did what I did last night and charged it up for about 5 minutes and so far, I could use my laptop and make notes for my lecture slides with no problem.

I have since sent it in for repairs at Acer's Highpoint HQ since yesterday and no news so far. This is a huge problem for me as I am currently in the midst of my final semester in university and I need my laptop to be working at optimal conditions. This is my second time sending it in for repairs as previously I had a blown motherboard and they replaced it for me under warranty.

• Dear @ken431256! Does it turn off randomly when power is connected? Or only shuts off randomly when connected to the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ken431256
    egydiocoelho,
    It either turns off randomly after 5-10 mins from startup (while on battery), or it straightaway enters the endless boot problem. However, if I wait for 5 minutes, the laptop boots normally and it would eventually black out and the endless boot problem would occur again.

However, the problem is eliminated immediately after plugging in my laptop for about 5 minutes and it would boot up normally, and yesterday night I could play games (Tom Clancy's The Division and CS:GO) on it for more than 3 hours and still be able to use it as normal. 

On another note, I have got news from the Acer repair center, and they claim that one of my RAM slots is faulty. I am not sure if that is the issue here (as I was able to play games for long periods of more than 3 hours and even catch up on some youtube videos before going to bed), but I believe that Acer technicians know what they are doing. They have taken the action of replacing my motherboard entirely (my second motherboard replacement on warranty - both within a span of a year), and would receive it back again in 1-2 days time. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    Some notebook models are featuring random shutdown when connected only to the battery as there is a safety circuit that locks the battery when the notebook is open! When some of the rear screws get loose, it feels like the notebook has been opened! Tighten these screws without applying excessive force!
    You can also check if there is a problem with ram by typing memory in the Cortana and let it do the whole procedure!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ken431256
    Hi there egydiocoelho, where can I get this pdf document? It would help me immensely once my warranty is up and I would have to diagnose any more issues with this laptop on my own. Thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    This document is only available to ACE's users only! Unfortunately Acer prohibits distribution of these documents!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ken431256
    @egydiocoelho I forgot to mention, I actually did rescrew back the loose screws yesterday night, as once upon a time a screw came entirely off and I took initiative to rescrew back the laptop every once in a while. After rescrewing, there was still problems (endless reboot while on battery), and as usual, after plugging it in with charger for a few minutes everything is working fine again. Next morning in class, the laptop refused to turn on again as usual while on battery, which is why I sent in my laptop for service.

Hopefully, the technicians know what they are doing by replacing my entire motherboard (again) and I would see how my laptop functions once I get it back from them in 1-2 days.