No bootable device (ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7)

Answers

• zaforiqbal
    zaforiqbal Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I didn't try any mouse and I don't have one. M using arrow keys for navigation. Even my Touchpad is not working in BIOS menu. And the space bar also don't work.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    How about F1 for help? Or F5 or F6 to change values? Or F9 to load defaults? Do any of those keys work? If F9 works. Then F10 to save settings and exit. Then re-enter the BIOS and see if anything can be changed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Yah! F1, F5&6, F9 AND F10 are working.
  • JackE
    OK. When you're trying to the add the grubx64.efi, do any of the navigational keys listed at the bottom of the screen change or perhaps actually add the efi file? Does the F1 help key maybe change context to actually help you select the efi file? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Ok I didn't try this. Let me try
  • zaforiqbal
    No! Not working
  • zaforiqbal
    edited June 2018
     "current TMP State: Not Installed"  does this matter?
  • JackE
    No. TMP is unrelated to this issue. Are you still entering the BIOS with a supervisor password? Do you have access to a USB mouse? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Yes. I am still entering the BIOS with a supervisor password. And I don't have access to USB.
  • JackE
    If you can't even borrow a USB mouse from someone, then I suggest that you experiment to see if tapping certain common screen-maneuvering keys, like the TAB key, will highlight grubx64.efi file so that you can use the ENTER key to save it as a trusted USB pendrive boot file. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I tried every key from my keyboard but nothing works.
  • JackE
    >>> "current TMP State: Not Installed"  does this matter? >>>

Why did you ask this question? This should've been left alone at the factory default setting shown in your earlier posts. Please reset BIOS to factory default with the F9 key to save settings and exit. Then reboot and re-enter BIOS menu to erase all secure boot settings and restore secure boot to factory default save settings and exit. Shut down machine and disconnect HDD. Insert bootable pendrive. Turn machine back on and reenter BIOS menu and try again to select grubx64.efi as trusted from the pendrive. If successful, save settings and exit. Report back.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Have done as you said.... still same....not working
  • JackE
    Did you re-set a supervisor password? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    No. I didn't.... should I?
  • JackE
    Yes! You must first set a password and exit and saving the setting. Then re-enter the BIOS with the password or some of the settings won't be saved. Just don't forget the password! Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Done the same..... still no working
  • JackE
    >>> "current TMP State: Not Installed"  does this matter? >>>

Why did you ask this question earlier? These settings should have been left as is. Also, you must try to get a USB mouse or get the touchpad working in the BIOS as in the screen below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Suddenly I noticed that it was written as not installed....that that's why I asked.
  • JackE
    Please set TMP to the way you originally found it. Also check the advanced touchpad settings to see if you can get it to work. If not, you must try to find a USB mouse. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ