No bootable device (ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7)

Answers

• zaforiqbal
    zaforiqbal Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    So now what I have to do?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Have you tried tapping the F12 key when trying to boot from the pendrive? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Yes! Hundreds of times. Everytime the same problem "Default boot device missing"
  • JackE
    (1) You need to try another pendrive. GPT FAT32 with the installation iso using Rufus. (2) From where did you download the iso? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I have tried another pendrive made with Rufus all Windows 8 and Windows 10 also all of them are downloaded from it's official sites. But all are showing the same '' default bootable device missing". I can't understand what & where is the problem is?
  • JackE
    You said a few days ago >>>My usb is GPT-partitioned (not MBR) FAT32 formatted and it's also recognised by UEFI bootstrapper. But when I am trying to boot from it system says "Default boot device missing" what should I do. Is there any problem with my disc partition?>>>

At this point, you should insert the bootable pendrive and hit any key. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    It goes back to F12 boot menu and shows mu USB and when I press enter it shows that massage again "default bootable device missing"
  • JackE
    If you choose Boot Mgr and select the bootable pendrive, does it also give the same result? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Yes! I have tried everything everytime I got the same problem.
  • JackE
    And the same thing happens when UEFI secure boot is enabled or disabled? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I tried both Enable & dissabdi
  • JackE
    Does you BIOS Security tab look like this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    No it's looking like this

• JackE
    Close enough. Try setting a supervisor password (don't forget it!!!). Save settings and exit. Shut down. Insert your bootable pendrive Then re-enter the BIOS Security tab. If select UEFI trusted file can be entered, see if you can find and enter a grubx64.efi or bootx64.efi on the pendrive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Yes I can find it but I can't enter
  • JackE
    Yeah, sometimes that happens with ubuntu. Try entering grubx64.efi in the space provided with the keyboard instead of just clicking on it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I tried but can't enter. Should I format my pendrive and make it Windows 10 or 8.1
  • JackE
    When you click on grubx64.efi, do you get a screen like that shown below? If yes, just type in from the keyboard "grubx64.efi" without the quotes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    No! When I click grubx64.efi nothing happens or got nothing
  • JackE
    Hmmm? Does your mouse seem to work in the BIOS menu OK? How about using any of the arrow or function keys listed at the bottom of the BIOS menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ