No bootable device (ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7)

Answers

• zaforiqbal
    zaforiqbal Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I set TMP as it was. Advance Touchpad not working even I tried a USB mouse also same not working. We have to do anything else.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Can you actually see the trusted efi file when you select the bootstick in the BIOS security tab? Please post a screenshot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Yes I can but can't select it or when I press enter nothing happens. See the pictures I uploaded earlier after entering every page.
    And when I enter into EFI I see as the pictures below.👇
  • JackE
    Please post the whole screenshot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    edited June 2018
    These are the screen shot of every screen appears and enterd. Supervisor password is not set in this screen shot but I set it and tried 👇
  • JackE
    The last screen is what I'm interested to totally see, including the bottom and right hand side. Can you enter with the enter key Bootx64.efi? That would be good. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    No! Can't even enter Bootx64.efi when you asked to try grubx64.efi every time I also tried Bootx64.efi but can't enter.
  • zaforiqbal
    Here is the full screen view of last page
  • JackE
    OK. How about using the enter key, the push the right arrow key to get to a submenu as indicated at the bottom of the screen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    It does the same...not noth.... Actually it shows the same in every menu
  • JackE
    Even though the ENTER key doesn't seem to do anything when you highlight the two EFI files, can you see the pendrive in the BOOT tab? If yes, can you put it to the top of the boot order? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    There is nothing else in boot tab just my pendrive
  • JackE
    >>>There is nothing else in boot tab just my pendrive >>>

Well, then save the BIOS settings and exit the BIOS menu. What happens? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    It shows default boot device missing
  • JackE
    These messages all suggest that your USB pendrive is NOT a live GPT-partitioned FAT32 ubuntu boot disk or that it is corrupted or that it is not being recognized as a live ubuntu bootable USB by the BIOS. You may have told me before but how did you create this live ubuntu USB drive? Where did you download the iso  to make this a live USB ubuntu pendrive?  This must be a live ubuntu USB boot pendrive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    As you said I also thought the same and Formated my pendrive and make it bootable again by following the flowing steps
    But now my system is not recognising my pendrive
  • JackE
    Where did you get the iso? This iso must be for a live pendrive that will boot directly into ubuntu. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I downloaded it from official website.
    https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop?
  • JackE
    You want to try to boot Ubuntu live from your pendrive ecause the HDD doesn't have a system on it among other issues. So follow the directions for booting directly from the pendrive here to make sure it'll run on your machine. https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#0   Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I have done the same. I used a windows 10 PC and used Rufus with FAT32 Formate. should I try MBR?