No bootable device (ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7)

Answers

• zaforiqbal
    zaforiqbal Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Yes I disabled it.
  • zaforiqbal
    But enabling it also didn't work. I even tried default settings but not working.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>At first it was endless os 3 and then I tried Installing Ubuntu 18 and it's failed saying media file is corrupted. >>>

Did you change anything in the BIOS before you tried installing Ubuntu? And was the Ubuntu installation stick GPT-partitioned FAT32 formatted? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    JackE said:
    >>>At first it was endless os 3 and then I tried Installing Ubuntu 18 and it's failed saying media file is corrupted. >>>

Did you change anything in the BIOS before you tried installing Ubuntu? And was the Ubuntu installation stick GPT-partitioned FAT32 formatted? Jack E/NJ
    No it wasn't...
  • zaforiqbal
    I don't change anything and my pendrive was not GPT partitioned it was just FAT32 Formated
  • JackE
    edited June 2018
    The USB pendrive that you used must've either been MBR-partitioned FAT32-formatted ---- or ---- GPT-partitioned FAT32-formatted. If you don't know which, then it was probably MBR-partitioned. A UEFI bootstrapper won't boot from an MBR-partitioned FAT32-formatted pendrive.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    The usb I am using now is GPT-PARTITIONED and a FAT32 Formated. And but my system is not booting from the USB
  • JackE
    Please, then why did you say earlier >>>my pendrive was not GPT partitioned it was just FAT32 Formated>>> ????? I am not sure how your pendrive was prepared. Please explain how it was prepared. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I prepared it with Rufus app at first I have downloaded Ubuntu 18.4 and then followed below mentioned instructions
  • JackE
    >>>I tried Installing Ubuntu 18 and it's failed saying media file is corrupted. >>>

If the corrupted file is on the installation pendrive, you must re-make the pendrive installation with Rufus. Perhaps your Linux iso didn't download properly or Rufus didn't properly incorporate it to the pendrive.

If a re-make still fails with the media file corruption, you should either use another pendrive or perhaps another Ubuntu-based installation like LinuxMint 18.3 Cinnnamon. But it must be GPT-partitioned FAT32-formatted for your machine's UEFI bootstrapper. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    I re-downloaded the ISO and make the USB also take ot the hard drive and format it but still same
  • JackE
    Please only one change at a time! Why did you re-format the HDD now!!! Did you do this from another machine's USB port? Is it still GPT-partitioned? What file system format? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Yes I did it from another machine and it's still GPT-PARTITIONED. AND it's NEFT file system format
  • zaforiqbal
    I did it to make sure my HDD is alright and problem is not in my HDD it's in something else
  • JackE
    >>>it's NEFT file system format >>>

What operating system uses the NEFT file system? This is neither for Windows nor Linux. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Nothing it's totally blanke I tried again with my USB still same "default bootable device missing"
  • JackE
    >>>Yes I did it from another machine and it's still GPT-PARTITIONED. AND it's NEFT file system format

Please answer. What operating system uses NEFT file system format? This is not a Windows or Linux format!!!!! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zaforiqbal
    Ok that was a mistake I will format it back to FAT32 
  • JackE
    NOOOOOO!!a!!!! Linux does NOT use FAT32 file system!!!!! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Only the USB Linux installation pendrive uses FAT32, not the HDD you're trying to install Linux on!!! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ