Helios 300 Can't install Predator Sense

Flame
Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I got my laptop (acer hellios 300 PH317-51)  back from acer service after they replace mother board and cooling mechanism thinking that will fix the Intel ssd and windows 1803 problem. Now i can't install Predator Sense or Quick Access Application, when i click on setup.exe  i am getting this msg ,, Sorry! This computer is not supported. "   and i download them on acer site with my exact model  and all. Someone with similar problem?

Best Answers

• Flame
    Answer ✓
    Done! the problem was in BIOS. After they change motherboard i got the ,,first level bios coruption"  they fix it after 10 days.
  • Lydie
    Lydie Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    geekromi said:
    Lydie said:
    Ok thank you very much Geekromi, actually I still didn't hear any noise, I really hope it will last, also thinking now it's all about driver, if so then all my problems are completely resolved if the sound remains fine! =)
    Hi, Lydie, so, how things are going? What about the  sound issue?  Is the sound still OK? Cheers 
    Geekromi
    Hello Geekromi
    How are you?
    Nope! No noise anymore! Everything works great! I guess that'st the reason why i didn't show up around hahah
    sri369 said:
    @Lydie
    I am an Indian.. namaste... but I have been in the US for over a decade.

VMware player is just a software. It is the OS you install on it that uses your CPU and RAM and hard disk, and these amounts are in your control. You set what you want them to be based on how much you can spare.
    VMware player download
    This is a freeware and freely downloadable.

Installed this now so I could get this screenshot for you :-) Like you can see, you can set any values to your liking. Let me know if you need any help in using it.

Namasté Sri369
    I have been to India twice already, I love India!  Such a wonderful country!
    Alright now I finally don't use VMware player as my noise probleme is resolved , but if ever I will have problem one day, the I may coming back to you if I need help with Wmware player, thanks a lot for your advice!

Flame said:
    Done! the problem was in BIOS. After they change motherboard i got the ,,first level bios coruption"  they fix it after 10 days.

So cool you also resolved your problem!  I know nothing about the BIOS, I guess it may be cool to learnt about it in case.

Answers

• Flame
    *2. Install the predator sense from the setup file available on the acer page    i can't start the install at all.. 
  • Flame
    I download every single app that i find from all predators models , i try to install them  same msg, i then change compatibility to windows 8 same message.  Before changing the motherboard and cooling system i did not have similar problem.
  • Flame
    Can someone give an example of other programs who works as Predator sense , please?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Please contact Acer Support centre in Romania and request a Acer Factory restore CD/USB disk for your model, if you use that recovery disk you may be able to get Predator sense for your model, I think you lost Predator sense because of changing the motherboard.
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=https://www.acer.com/ac/ro/RO/content/support&prev=search
  • Flame
    Hi,
    Please contact Acer Support centre in Romania and request a Acer Factory restore CD/USB disk for your model, if you use that recovery disk you may be able to get Predator sense for your model, I think you lost Predator sense because of changing the motherboard.
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=https://www.acer.com/ac/ro/RO/content/support&prev=search
    I did , I  got this lap top with linux inside that i reinstall fist min when i got the lap top with windows that I download from microsoft. They don't know anything about that and said that windows 1803 is a problem because is new update( before they replace my motherboard and cooling system , i had same windows and it worked fine) and to wait for new windows update. Trust me i feel like i am living in a jungle here....
  • Flame
    yeah final solution to bring laptop to them, again , and i live like 50km from them and the ,,free pick up and delivery " is not available for some time....
  • Lydie
    Hello, the store where I bought my new predator helios 300 had to install the lastest Windows 10 version ( 1803) on my predator and they told me that predatorsense is not working with the last update of Windows 10 ( 1803) and that I have to wait that a new predatorsense version work with Windows 10 1803, so I don't even know if acer will do something or say something about that as many people will go to the last verison of Windows 10, do you guys know if Acer will try to make a predatorsense that will work with Windows 10 ( 1803) and is there someone who play predatorsense finely on his preador helios 300 with windows 10 latest version 1803?   and if yes what his the solution please, Thank you
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Lydie said:
    Hello, the store where I bought my new predator helios 300 had to install the lastest Windows 10 version ( 1803) on my predator and they told me that predatorsense is not working with the last update of Windows 10 ( 1803) and that I have to wait that a new predatorsense version work with Windows 10 1803, so I don't even know if acer will do something or say something about that as many people will go to the last verison of Windows 10, do you guys know if Acer will try to make a predatorsense that will work with Windows 10 ( 1803) and is there someone who play predatorsense finely on his preador helios 300 with windows 10 latest version 1803?   and if yes what his the solution please, Thank you

Hi Lydie and welcome in this forum, as far as I know, usually predator sense does not work only after a clean installation of W10 because the O.S. won't recognize this application:
    pre-istalled Acer W.10 istead it,s customized  for all Acer applications, which could not work into a standard wersion of W.10. I'm not so sure that the issue is "update 1803- related" otherwise there would be many users with a not working Predator Sense after the update. Personally the update 1803, gave me, in the beginning other kind of issues as pc crashing when unplugged or having a laggy right click , but not issues on predator sense.
    As last try, You could operate a factory reset with Acer Recovery Management application into the Acer Care program.
    I will be at your disposal for any further information 
  • Lydie
    Hello Geekromi
    Thank you for your answer, so you mean that predator sense work on the lastest window 10 version ( 1803)? Your predator sense work on your predator with window 10 ( version1803)? if yes then I will then tell the shop that the problem is not update 1803, it is strange because the shop manager told me he has the ability to opeate on acer computer! Will let him know and I don't understand why he told me so as he is a professional  Thanks
  • geekromi
    Lydie said:
    Hello Geekromi
    Thank you for your answer, so you mean that predator sense work on the lastest window 10 version ( 1803)? Your predator sense work on your predator with window 10 ( version1803)? if yes then I will then tell the shop that the problem is not update 1803, it is strange because the shop manager told me he has the ability to opeate on acer computer! Will let him know and I don't understand why he told me so as he is a professional  Thanks
    Hi Lydie, yes , I can confirm that in my computer (Acer predator Helios 300 G-3 572) predator sense works flawlessy even after the 1803 update,
    could you tell me, instead, if your notebook came with a pre-installed by Acer window 10 or if it  was a free-dos  (without operative system)or maybe having different O.S. from Windows, and Maybe the "professional" had to install a standard windows 10, that's not the same installed by Acer which is customized just to make all Acer application working?
  • Lydie
    Ok but I have the Acer predator Helios 300 PH317  (17inches screen), yes I bougth it with Windows10 pre installed  (but it was 2 versions before the latest one which was installed and then predator sense used to worked well but since they installed the latest version, no more predator sense as they told me it is not working with windows lastest version. But i see we don't really have the same predator helios 300 version, I would be curious if someone who have the exact same computer as me ( acer predator helios 300 PH317) have the same issue. About the professional he is a professional authorized for acer computer so I am not sure if they install a standard Windows 10 version, but how can I really know? They just give me a computer I bought with predator sense without predator sense anymore since they installed Windows latest version, they actually had to redo everything because I had few sound driver issue that got complicated and create other issue and so they had to recreate eveything on the computer to resolve the probleme and this time with windows last version,   but I didn't ask acer , the ycould tell me because I bought this computer with preadator sense and since the profesional installed the lastest verison of Windows , predator sense just not work anymore, they removed it from my computer and told me not to installed it again since the latest verison of windows Don't match with it anymore,, I just trust the professional guy but I found this stange???
  • Lydie
    edited June 2018
    The exact version of my acer predator helios 300 is Acer predator Helios 300 PH317-51-779L
  • geekromi
    Lydie said:
    The exact version of my acer predator helios 300 is Acer predator Helios 300 PH317-51-779L

Even if the model is different, they have the same hardware, so it's not an hardware problem,  what makes me think, instead is the fact that the technicians put the hands on the computer probably altering the factory configurations. By the way, why did you take the computer to the workshop when it was 2 builds ago (probably 1703)and predator sense still working ? were you having other kind of issues? I mean, for what reason you needed to let them work on your laptop the first time?
  • Lydie
    edited June 2018
    Well this is a brand new computer I bought last May and just after I bought it, there was some sound problem with the speaker that make some crazy noise by moment, so when they saw that they said it was a pilot problem,  they couldn't fix the problem because of some technical issue they had that day and so they told me to put all the drivers needeed to resolve the sound problem, they showed me which ones, I did and after that my keyboard didn't work out anymore because of the drivers I installed and the noise was still there, so the next day  thye keep the computer when they saw that the keyboard issue was a serious problem and noise not resolve again,  they had to redo everything  deeply , the next Morning, they told me that they installed the new lastest windows version and that this version will not be compltely like the oldest I had and so that few software would not work anymore, and among this sofware is predator sense, so they give me back the computer all fine but with no more predator sense working,they told me the latest window version will automatically do the work of predator sense,  actually I do have some noise issue again sinceI have a trading software and that software may not be completely okay with the last window version as they said,  but those noize are really rare now, and when it happened it happened to everyhting not only my trading software, but anyways the technicians who is approved by acer seems to tell me that the new Windows versions makes some issue with some softaware  I could have in my computer which could result in some crzay noise of the speaker by moment, so that's why I wanted to know why the predator sense is not working on my computer and on other predator it doesn, this technicians is approuved by acer so If he told me this for me it would means that acer say so!
  • geekromi
    Lydie said:
    Well this is a brand new computer I bought last May and just after I bought it, there was some sound problem with the speaker that make some crazy noise by moment, so when they saw that they said it was a pilot problem,  they couldn't fix the problem because of some technical issue they had that day and so they told me to put all the drivers needeed to resolve the sound problem, they showed me which ones, I did and after that my keyboard didn't work out anymore because of the drivers I installed and the noise was still there, so the next day  thye keep the computer when they saw that the keyboard issue was a serious problem and noise not resolve again,  they had to redo everything  deeply , the next Morning, they told me that they installed the new lastest windows version and that this version will not be compltely like the oldest I had and so that few software would not work anymore, and among this sofware is predator sense, so they give me back the computer all fine but with no more predator sense working,they told me the latest window version will automatically do the work of predator sense,  actually I do have some noise issue again sinceI have a trading software and that software may not be completely okay with the last window version as they said,  but those noize are really rare now, and when it happened it happened to everyhting not only my trading software, but anyways the technicians who is approved by acer seems to tell me that the new Windows versions makes some issue with some softaware  I could have in my computer which could result in some crzay noise of the speaker by moment, so that's why I wanted to know why the predator sense is not working on my computer and on other predator it doesn, this technicians is approuved by acer so If he told me this for me it would means that acer say so!

escuse me, but I still think they messed it up, did you make a bootable media recovery usb  with the Acer recovery management software that is a backup application that came with the computer , just when you started using it? otherwise, you could operate a factory reset using the Keys combination alt+F10 on boot to recover the notebook to factory setting (saving all your personal files before)
  • Lydie
    I didn't have any important files as it was a new computer and they did operate a factory reset already on my computer but the factory reset didn't resolve the noise's speaker problem, I still had that noise speaker problem after the factory reset, they even did it a second time because  the very fisrt time I bought the computer I thought the battery was very low and had them to check what was going on, they so did a factory reset and told me everything was alright, they make the reset so to be sure, and then came out this noise's speaker problems and so they did a second factory reset, and after my keeyboard probleme, the factory reset was no more enough and they had do deeper things, even though my keyboard problem is completely resolved, the fact that I have now Windows 10 latest version just modified a bit the computer, and the noise didn't completely disepear, the probleme may come from the computer itself and anyways it iss good to have the lastest version of Windows 10, the factory reset will bring back the computer to the older window version from which the factory was made, monday I go to the Shop to talk with them again
  • geekromi
    Lydie said:
    I didn't have any important files as it was a new computer and they did operate a factory reset already on my computer but the factory reset didn't resolve the noise's speaker problem, I still had that noise speaker problem after the factory reset, they even did it a second time because  the very fisrt time I bought the computer I thought the battery was very low and had them to check what was going on, they so did a factory reset and told me everything was alright, they make the reset so to be sure, and then came out this noise's speaker problems and so they did a second factory reset, and after my keeyboard probleme, the factory reset was no more enough and they had do deeper things, even though my keyboard problem is completely resolved, the fact that I have now Windows 10 latest version just modified a bit the computer, and the noise didn't completely disepear, the probleme may come from the computer itself and anyways it iss good to have the lastest version of Windows 10, the factory reset will bring back the computer to the older window version from which the factory was made, monday I go to the Shop to talk with them again
    All right, good luck then! I really hope they will fix it this time...
  • Lydie
    edited June 2018
    maybe I should ask acer itself but that shop where I bought my computer is approved by Acer, but I will tell the technicians that other predator helios 300 work very well with predator sense and see what he will tell me! Thank you for you help anyways

• geekromi
    Lydie said:
    maybe I should ask acer itself but that shop where I bought my computer is approved by Acer, but I will tell the technicians that other predator helios 300 work very well with predator sense and see what he will tell me! Thank you for you help anyways

You are welcome :)