Helios 300 Can't install Predator Sense

Options

Answers

• Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Yeah , same problem like mine. Before they change my motherboard for nothing( because the intel ssd is not compatibile with new windows 1803) predator sence worked perfectly with 1709 and 1803 build. After that i can't install it at all ,,this computer is not supported"  and i have same model as yours . They said to wait for new windows update or to bring it in service again. I install msi afterburner for temp monitoring but the fans speed i can not change.
  • Lydie
    Lydie Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Ok well, let's hope the next new windows update will resolve the problem, but the technician told me that with update 1803  that the computer will automaticaly do the work of predator sense in some way, he will activate the fan automatically when needeed, and do you have the acer care center software or it is the same as predator sense, because acer care center use to work well with 1709 but obviously not with the updates 1803, thank you 
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Ok well, let's hope the next new windows update will resolve the problem, but the technician told me that with update 1803  that the computer will automaticaly do the work of predator sense in some way, he will activate the fan automatically when needeed, and do you have the acer care center software or it is the same as predator sense, because acer care center use to work well with 1709 but obviously not with the updates 1803, thank you 

Hi Lydia, I'm still convinced that there must be something wrong with your O.S. not related to the update 1803 ,  I can assure you that all acer programs as Predator Sense, Acer Care and Acer Recovery Management are working flawlessy on 1803 built. Ok, let,s do so:
    Go to control Panel/System/administration tools/Disk Management:
    Now on the system disc you, should have 3 partitions: a EFI one without letter of 100mb,
    a C/Acer containing the O.S. and then anoter one without letter that shoul be called "Recovery", these are the factory partitions made By Acer if you have something different, then that could be the problem
  • geekromi
    Options
    geekromi said:
    Lydie said:

Hi Lydia, I'm still convinced that there must be something wrong with your O.S. not related to the update 1803 ,  I can assure you that all acer programs as Predator Sense, Acer Care and Acer Recovery Management are working flawlessy on 1803 built. Ok, let,s do so:
    Go to control Panel/System/administration tools/Disk Management:
    Now on the system disc you, should have 3 partitions: a EFI one without letter of 100mb,
    a C/Acer containing the O.S. and then anoter one without letter that shoul be called "Recovery", these are the factory partitions made By Acer if you have something different, then that could be the problem

Hi Lydia I made a screenshot of disk management on my notebook , yours should be about the same, if  some partition is missing, then that could be the problem

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Lydie said:
    maybe I should ask acer itself but that shop where I bought my computer is approved by Acer, but I will tell the technicians that other predator helios 300 work very well with predator sense and see what he will tell me! Thank you for you help anyways

@Lydie
    I was on Windows Home 1803 (clean non acer microsoft installer version). Predator Sense worked.
    I then upgraded the Home to Pro (still on 1803). Predator Sense still working.
    I am putting in a screenshot below that you could take a screenshot and go to the store to check about it.

Only thing not working is the normal, faster and turbo options. No matter what I select, it is always on turbo speeds. But this is acceptable since Acer is working on a fix for this, as per their site.
    Rest all are working.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Lydie
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello Geekromi,
    Actually I have Acer Care center and Acer Recovery Management, I just downlaod it froml Acer and it works, as for my disk management I have the same as you, everything is fine, but tomowwro I go back to the the shop and I will try to download Predator sense again with ethe technician as he told me no to, thanks again for your help!

Hi Sri369 I will try to downlaod predator sense again and will see what the computer will say and I wrote to Acer about it so waiting for their answer...Thank you
  • geekromi
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Hello Geekromi,
    Actually I have Acer Care center and Acer Recovery Management, I just downlaod it froml Acer and it works, as for my disk management I have the same as you, everything is fine, but tomowwro I go back to the the shop and I will try to download Predator sense again with ethe technician as he told me no to, thanks again for your help!

Hi Sri369 I will try to downlaod predator sense again and will see what the computer will say and I wrote to Acer about it so waiting for their answer...Thank you

Another thing that sounds strange: both Acer Care and Acer Recovery management are Acer pre-installated by factory applications, just like Predator Sense:  why did you have to download it if the software had to be already present in the list of Acer programs?
  • Flame
    Options
    I have all same things you all have and i still can't install it!
  • Flame
    Options
    I tried to install Acer care center and Acer Recovery management and i am getting same message when i try to install predator sense or Quick Access Application.
  • geekromi
    Options
    Flame said:
    I tried to install Acer care center and Acer Recovery management and i am getting same message when i try to install predator sense or Quick Access Application.

Why do you have to install these programs? they should already be in your Acer programs folder that came   built in from factory  just out of the box!  (I,m now on 1803 and everything still works flawlessy)

• Lydie
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    Geekromi Yes I did have predator sense, acer care center and recovery management pre-installed in the factory configuration with Windows 1709, which is the factory configuartion  but since the technican updated to 1803 they were not pre installed anymore as the update is recent, and those software are not coming automatically with the updates, so that is why I needed to reinstall it again. So today I went to the store and the technician told me that I could just download all the acer sofware and he did it for me and added some extra pilot as well as I also had key issue which is resolved now and finaly everything works well, predator sense works ( I thought I couldn't installed it but in fact I could) and same with acer care center and acer recovery management! They all works fine! So all the acer software works well now!  

The only and last issue I have even with windows 1709 pre installed is the sizzle noise that appears sometimes in my speakers, but the technician told me that  it is possible that the trading softwares I use are responsable of that, but difficult to know exactly coz it could also come from the speaker or the motherboard, I need to know if some poeple here are trading with a predator acer helios 300 PH317  and if they  have sizzle noise issue with their speaker by moment?

Anyways today the technician added some new pilots and maybe this will resolve the noise problem but I don't think so and if it really come from my trading software then I don't know what to do at all for those anoying sizzle noise that comes suddenly by moment while listening musics, YouTube or any audio stuff and also on my trading software….it doesn't happened often and it can disepear quicly if I close everyhing and open it again but the technician told me that the only way to know is to go back to the configuartion factory without installing my trading software and try if the sizzle noise comes again, if yes then it could come from the speaker of the motherboard and then a change of speaker or motherboard would be necessary  but otherwise it would means that my trading software are really causing those sizzle noise and have some issue with windows itself as they are are not microsoft or acer software, but if I do te fisrt option I will lose all the things the technicians did on my predator….Oh well!  Informatic is a really complicated world except when there is easy solution , my only fears with thoise nosie is that they get wosrt over the time if I don't try to see the origin of it now as my computer is still a recent buy!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Hello Everyone
    Geekromi Yes I did have predator sense, acer care center and recovery management pre-installed in the factory configuration with Windows 1709, which is the factory configuartion  but since the technican updated to 1803 they were not pre installed anymore as the update is recent, and those software are not coming automatically with the updates, so that is why I needed to reinstall it again. So today I went to the store and the technician told me that I could just download all the acer sofware and he did it for me and added some extra pilot as well as I also had key issue which is resolved now and finaly everything works well, predator sense works ( I thought I couldn't installed it but in fact I could) and same with acer care center and acer recovery management! They all works fine! So all the acer software works well now!  

The only and last issue I have even with windows 1709 pre installed is the sizzle noise that appears sometimes in my speakers, but the technician told me that  it is possible that the trading softwares I use are responsable of that, but difficult to know exactly coz it could also come from the speaker or the motherboard, I need to know if some poeple here are trading with a predator acer helios 300 PH317  and if they  have sizzle noise issue with their speaker by moment?

Anyways today the technician added some new pilots and maybe this will resolve the noise problem but I don't think so and if it really come from my trading software then I don't know what to do at all for those anoying sizzle noise that comes suddenly by moment while listening musics, YouTube or any audio stuff and also on my trading software….it doesn't happened often and it can disepear quicly if I close everyhing and open it again but the technician told me that the only way to know is to go back to the configuartion factory without installing my trading software and try if the sizzle noise comes again, if yes then it could come from the speaker of the motherboard and then a change of speaker or motherboard would be necessary  but otherwise it would means that my trading software are really causing those sizzle noise and have some issue with windows itself as they are are not microsoft or acer software, but if I do te fisrt option I will lose all the things the technicians did on my predator….Oh well!  Informatic is a really complicated world except when there is easy solution , my only fears with thoise nosie is that they get wosrt over the time if I don't try to see the origin of it now as my computer is still a recent buy!

@Lydie Let me suggest you something to rectify this. Assuming your laptop has atleast 8 GB RAM, install vmware player or virtual box (both freeware), and install windows 10 fresh onto it. You could use your current windows product key to activate it (it would work).
    And then uninstall your trading software from laptop, and install it onto the virtual machine. This way the impact of your software (that the tech is complaining about) would be limited to VM, and your speakers should be free of any noises.
    Give it a try.

Does your laptop show ACER when you right-click on "This PC" on desktop, and click on properties (the screen where it shows your windows version, system info, windows activation status and such). If it was original Acer, it should be showing Acer. And i think this Acer logo would carry over even when upgraded...

You have been mentioning "pilots". What exactly is a pilot?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Lydie
    Options

sri369 said:
    @Lydie Let me suggest you something to rectify this. Assuming your laptop has atleast 8 GB RAM, install vmware player or virtual box (both freeware), and install windows 10 fresh onto it. You could use your current windows product key to activate it (it would work).
    And then uninstall your trading software from laptop, and install it onto the virtual machine. This way the impact of your software (that the tech is complaining about) would be limited to VM, and your speakers should be free of any noises.
    Give it a try.

Hi Sri369, if you're from India Namasté :)

I have 16 GB RAM with 931 Go hard drive and 237 Go SSD drive, well now only 187 Go left on my SSD drive as it is where my windows is installed.

Yes I could definitely try that, would it takes lots or Ram and Go to install this wmplayer ? I hope that to just unistall my trading software will be enough and won't let some trace...anyways thank you very much Sri369, that a great idea;) will let you know, now I am playing lots of song, audio and video  stuff so to see if I hear that sizzle noise again  but after few hours didn't hear it yet so that aleady a good sign  because that noise didn't take so long to appears, I don't know yet if it will come back or not, but will not wait for it to come back and just try wmplayer now!

sri369 said:
    Does your laptop show ACER when you right-click on "This PC" on desktop, and click on properties (the screen where it shows your windows version, system info, windows activation status and such). If it was original Acer, it should be showing Acer. And i think this Acer logo would carry over even when upgraded...

Wow No :o  There is no green logo Acer!!! but I am shocked! How come I don't have the green logo Acer on my predator helios 300 as it is only Acer who makes them????  Actually my dad did buy an acer desktop computer from them and I check on his system info and I can definitely see the green Logo acer on his computer, it is even written on his computer itself, but what about in my case?  Would this means that my predator is not an Acer computer but a copy, a false one????? Would the Acer logo disepear with the updates??? because if it is not an original so the saleman and the tech man didn't tell me that at all?  I would not buy it at all if so !  I'm very confused because in the box from which they sold me the computer there is the logo Acer????  I don't even know if it is legal to sell a false acer computer on acer box? Is there someone who have the green logo Acer on his predator helios 300 as described by sri369 or I am the only one in this case?????  What does this means Sri369?  

sri369 said:
    You have been mentioning "pilots". What exactly is a pilot?

Oh for the pilots I guess I didn't use the right word in english, I meant drivers :) 

Thank you

• Lydie
    edited June 2018
    Options

sri369 said:
    Does your laptop show ACER when you right-click on "This PC" on desktop, and click on properties (the screen where it shows your windows version, system info, windows activation status and such). If it was original Acer, it should be showing Acer. And i think this Acer logo would carry over even when upgraded.
    Actually I just see now that  it is written acer on the left top of the screen on the space where the camera is, acer is written on the left corner ??? So I am even more confuse now!?! How come acer is physicaly written  on the computer istelf but not in the info system of the computer???

And by the way I heard of a software called acer dust defender, I don't find it anywhere? Do you have it and do you know where we can find it?

Thank you

• Flame
    Options
    geekromi said:
    Flame said:

Why do you have to install these programs? they should already be in your Acer programs folder that came   built in from factory  just out of the box!  (I,m now on 1803 and everything still works flawlessy)

No, my helios come with linux that i overinstall with windows 10. Before they change my motherboard all was with acer applicatios after that every single one gives me this message.

@Ludye  i woud ask to change my speakers or my motherboard that sound that you talking about it's not a normal thing. If there was same problem on older windows updates then your problem is not from software it's hardware.
  • geekromi
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Flame said:
    geekromi said:
    Flame said:

No, my helios come with linux that i overinstall with windows 10. Before they change my motherboard all was with acer applicatios after that every single one gives me this message.

@Ludye  i woud ask to change my speakers or my motherboard that sound that you talking about it's not a normal thing. If there was same problem on older windows updates then your problem is not from software it's hardware.

About the speakers issue, I read many posts here where many users were having this problem, it could be caused by wrong  or not compatible audio drivers.  

To lydie : if your is an OEM Acer Windows 10 you should have a picture like the screenshot below , going to: Control panel/System and security/System,  where it's shown the O.S. version , on the right side: if it is not present it could means that someone made a clean install of W10   and it is a standard version and not the OEM Acer one . By the way, when you start the pc, during the boot, do you have on the screen the predator logo like the below one that is a factory Acer Booting image?

For Lydie and Flame  about the sound issue, have alook to this thread: http://https//community.acer.com/en/discussion/537290/updating-audio-drivers-in-the-right-way-helios-300

• Flame
    Options
    @geekromi   I do not have problems with audio, i just said what Lydie should do.  About the Os I install , download that tool from microsoft and made bootabil usb and with new key that i bought i install the windows 10. I have he predator logo on startup but in system i don't. My laptop come with Linux i personal install windows on it, i format ssd and install windows on . All was ok until i windows 1803 and problem with intelssd and windows, they thougt the motherboard was problem and they change it but that did not help, i bought second ssd and install windows there 2 times but i can't install predator sense.
  • Lydie
    edited June 2018
    Options

Flame said:

@Lydie i woud ask to change my speakers or my motherboard that sound that you talking about it's not a normal thing. If there was same problem on older windows updates then your problem is not from software it's hard@Lydie
    Hi,
    Well it is not that easy flame,  I insalled my trading software in both Windows 1709 and now 1803 as well, the technician thinks it is more a software problem as my software are not microsof or acer software and then create some problem like I have, because if it was hardware then the noise would come very oftenly and  could even be permanent, which is not the case here, the speaker when not doing this noise works perfectly, and the noise just come sometimes you knows so the best way is to test as he told me, but today I will test the audi all day too see if I this come noise come back or not!

geekromi said:

About the speakers issue, I read many posts here where many users were having this problem, it could be caused by wrong  or not compatible audio drivers.  

To lydie : if your is an OEM Acer Windows 10 you should have a picture like the screenshot below , going to: Control panel/System and security/System,  where it's shown the O.S. version , on the right side: if it is not present it could means that someone made a clean install of W10   and it is a standard version and not the OEM Acer one . By the way, when you start the pc, during the boot, do you have on the screen the predator logo like the below one that is a factory Acer Booting image?

For Lydie and Flame  about the sound issue, have alook to this thread: http://https//community.acer.com/en/discussion/537290/updating-audio-drivers-in-the-right-way-helios-300

Yes it could also just be a driver problem, as the techncian renew my drivers yesterday maybe that would resolve the problems but will see today if I hear the noise again

What exactly is a OEM Windows and what is the difference with a standard Windows version? What is better?   I mean no Geekromi I don't have acer logo like in your picture, but I don't even remember if it was there when I bought it??? but as the technicians as to reinstall everyhting with all the problem I had then maybe he did a clean install of Windows 10  version but I am very confused about that, I mean Windows 10 is Windows 10 so OEM nor not what is the big deal? I put a picture of it and as you can seee they is no acer at all mentionned, even the models i not written?  

Yes when I start the PC during the boot I do see Predator logo as in the picture so it seems that my computer is an acer computer but just I don't know if it is really a problem the fact that it is not a OEM version as there is not acer logo on system info

Geekromi by the way the kink you send is not working ;)

Thank you

• Lydie
    Options
    Actually I wonder if on OEM version the license key shows the letters OEM? Because if the license keys shows the OEM letters then that would definitely means it is a OEM version! Right?
  • geekromi
    Options
    Lydie said:

Flame said:

@Lydie i woud ask to change my speakers or my motherboard that sound that you talking about it's not a normal thing. If there was same problem on older windows updates then your problem is not from software it's hard@Lydie
    Hi,
    Well it is not that easy flame,  I insalled my trading software in both Windows 1709 and now 1803 as well, the technician thinks it is more a software problem as my software are not microsof or acer software and then create some problem like I have, because if it was hardware then the noise would come very oftenly and  could even be permanent, which is not the case here, the speaker when not doing this noise works perfectly, and the noise just come sometimes you knows so the best way is to test as he told me, but today I will test the audi all day too see if I this come noise come back or not!

geekromi said:

Yes it could also just be a driver problem, as the techncian renew my drivers yesterday maybe that would resolve the problems but will see today if I hear the noise again

What exactly is a OEM Windows and what is the difference with a standard Windows version? What is better?   I mean no Geekromi I don't have acer logo like in your picture, but I don't even remember if it was there when I bought it??? but as the technicians as to reinstall everyhting with all the problem I had then maybe he did a clean install of Windows 10  version but I am very confused about that, I mean Windows 10 is Windows 10 so OEM nor not what is the big deal? I put a picture of it and as you can seee they is no acer at all mentionned, even the models i not written?  

Yes when I start the PC during the boot I do see Predator logo as in the picture so it seems that my computer is an acer computer but just I don't know if it is really a problem the fact that it is not a OEM version as there is not acer logo on system info

Geekromi by the way the kink you send is not working ;)

Thank you

The differences between a standard W10 and an OEM Acer W10 are :
    Standard W10: it comes without any Brand (Acer , in this case) pre-installed programs (Acer Care, Predator Sense, Acer Collection, ecc. ecc.),
    It will not have any customized driver for the Helios 300 made By acer, and on first setup, it will install generic drivers or those produced by the brand of hardware components (Intel, Nvidia, Realtek...), via Windows Update: in this way some acer application that must be downloaded  could not working properly Because  the O.S.it,s not customized for Acer applications.
    In the System tab no logo will be present
    OEM Acer W10: (pre installed by factory) it comes with all Acer programs ,
    it already has loaded in, all the customized drivers for the Acer Predator notebook,
    It,s a customized version of W10  optimized for Acer applications and our hardware
    In the System tab  will be present the brand logo (Acer,in this case)