Helios 300 Can't install Predator Sense

Options
13»

Answers

• Cocox
    Cocox Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Flame, I need a bit of advice. More comfortable to discuss in romanian. Can you please contact me on email constantinccosmin@yahoo.co.uk. Private message seems not to work in forum.

Sorry for off topic. 
  • Vinayak096
    Vinayak096 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Flame said:
    Can someone give an example of other programs who works as Predator sense , please?
    MSI Afterburner.

BTW I was able to start the Predator Sense after clean installation of Windows 10. 
  • Lydie
    Lydie Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Options

geekromi said:
    The differences between a standard W10 and an OEM Acer W10 are :
    Standard W10: it comes without any Brand (Acer , in this case) pre-installed programs (Acer Care, Predator Sense, Acer Collection, ecc. ecc.),
    It will not have any customized driver for the Helios 300 made By acer, and on first setup, it will install generic drivers or those produced by the brand of hardware components (Intel, Nvidia, Realtek...), via Windows Update: in this way some acer application that must be downloaded  could not working properly Because  the O.S.it,s not customized for Acer applications.
    In the System tab no logo will be present
    OEM Acer W10: (pre installed by factory) it comes with all Acer programs ,
    it already has loaded in, all the customized drivers for the Acer Predator notebook,
    It,s a customized version of W10  optimized for Acer applications and our hardware
    In the System tab  will be present the brand logo (Acer,in this case)

Ok but how do you explain my license key mentionned OEM?
    I could download acer apllications without any problemw while upgrated to 1803
    It seems I have OEM as it is mentioned in my license key but without the acer logo in the system tab then….that's strange?
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Lydie said:

geekromi said:
    The differences between a standard W10 and an OEM Acer W10 are :
    Standard W10: it comes without any Brand (Acer , in this case) pre-installed programs (Acer Care, Predator Sense, Acer Collection, ecc. ecc.),
    It will not have any customized driver for the Helios 300 made By acer, and on first setup, it will install generic drivers or those produced by the brand of hardware components (Intel, Nvidia, Realtek...), via Windows Update: in this way some acer application that must be downloaded  could not working properly Because  the O.S.it,s not customized for Acer applications.
    In the System tab no logo will be present
    OEM Acer W10: (pre installed by factory) it comes with all Acer programs ,
    it already has loaded in, all the customized drivers for the Acer Predator notebook,
    It,s a customized version of W10  optimized for Acer applications and our hardware
    In the System tab  will be present the brand logo (Acer,in this case)

Ok but how do you explain my license key mentionned OEM?
    I could download acer apllications without any problemw while upgrated to 1803
    It seems I have OEM as it is mentioned in my license key but without the acer logo in the system tab then….that's strange?

The OEM licence Key  is the one that Acer put on the computer  and the one that you have when the computer  came out of the box: if you look at the bottom of the notebook, you will not find any  Microsoft licence code sticker as it was till some years ago:
    Now instead, with new UEFI bios system the OEM key is coded into the motherboard and even if a clean installation of a standard W10 (same edition, "Home", in our case) is made, the O.S. will be automatically activated retrieving the OEM licence key during the first setup. 
  • Lydie
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ok I see and in conclusion is it negative or not that I don't have the acer logo on my system tab?
  • geekromi
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Ok I see and in conclusion is it negative or not that I don't have the acer logo on my system tab?

You know what?  if the computer is working well with all the applications (Acer included), and the system is stable, (no crashes), who cares about the logo?
    I just hope you will resolve the sound issue (if  you did not already) and I'm pretty sure it's not an hardware failure but likely a sound driver or audio configuration problem.
    About the link that's not working, you just have to go to google and type  "updating audio drivers in the right way helios 300 "
    I hope this helps
    Cheers    geekromi
  • Lydie
    Options
    Ok thank you very much Geekromi, actually I still didn't hear any noise, I really hope it will last, also thinking now it's all about driver, if so then all my problems are completely resolved if the sound remains fine! =)
  • geekromi
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Ok thank you very much Geekromi, actually I still didn't hear any noise, I really hope it will last, also thinking now it's all about driver, if so then all my problems are completely resolved if the sound remains fine! =)

You are welcome, Lydie that's the reason that forums are made for!
    I'm glad to hear that you probably resolved the sound issue!
    Cheers ,  geekromi.   P.S.  Your windows is in French language, so where are you from?
    (if you have a look on my screenshots , you will know  from where I am! :)
  • Lydie
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Great Forums!
    Yes I saw you are from Italy, come stai? I used to live in Nice and still have family there, at the moment I am linving in Guadeloupe in the french Caribbean but I go to Nice visit my family for several months.  When I was a kid I used to have italian neigebor who are actually famous for their Olive Oil ( Romeo)  and they always wave us in italian haha so I learn a bit some words from them haha, what about you?  where are you from Italy? :)
  • geekromi
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Great Forums!
    Yes I saw you are from Italy, come stai? I used to live in Nice and still have family there, at the moment I am linving in Guadeloupe in the french Caribbean but I go to Nice visit my family for several months.  When I was a kid I used to have italian neigebor who are actually famous for their Olive Oil ( Romeo)  and they always wave us in italian haha so I learn a bit some words from them haha, what about you?  where are you from Italy? :)
    I'm from Rome, but actually,  I live in the country not so far from the city thow.
  • Lydie
    Options
    Cool Never been yet to Rome! certainly one day ;)
  • geekromi
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Cool Never been yet to Rome! certainly one day ;)

I'm sure  you would love it!
  • Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Just did a clean install of windows 10. Same message when i want to install any of Acers apps ,,Sorry, this computer is not supported"  Monday will bring it to acer service.
  • geekromi
    Options
    Flame said:
    Just did a clean install of windows 10. Same message when i want to install any of Acers apps ,,Sorry, this computer is not supported"  Monday will bring it to acer service.
      Good luck, then, Flame!
  • geekromi
    Options
    Lydie said:
    Hi, Lydie, so, how things are going? What about the  sound issue?  Is the sound still OK? Cheers 
    Geekromi
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Lydie
    I am an Indian.. namaste... but I have been in the US for over a decade.

VMware player is just a software. It is the OS you install on it that uses your CPU and RAM and hard disk, and these amounts are in your control. You set what you want them to be based on how much you can spare.
    VMware player download
    This is a freeware and freely downloadable.

Installed this now so I could get this screenshot for you :-) Like you can see, you can set any values to your liking. Let me know if you need any help in using it.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Done! the problem was in BIOS. After they change motherboard i got the ,,first level bios coruption"  they fix it after 10 days.
  • Lydie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    geekromi said:
    Lydie said:
    Hi, Lydie, so, how things are going? What about the  sound issue?  Is the sound still OK? Cheers 
    Geekromi
    Hello Geekromi
    How are you?
    Nope! No noise anymore! Everything works great! I guess that'st the reason why i didn't show up around hahah
    sri369 said:
    @Lydie
    I am an Indian.. namaste... but I have been in the US for over a decade.

VMware player is just a software. It is the OS you install on it that uses your CPU and RAM and hard disk, and these amounts are in your control. You set what you want them to be based on how much you can spare.
    VMware player download
    This is a freeware and freely downloadable.

Installed this now so I could get this screenshot for you :-) Like you can see, you can set any values to your liking. Let me know if you need any help in using it.

Namasté Sri369
    I have been to India twice already, I love India!  Such a wonderful country!
    Alright now I finally don't use VMware player as my noise probleme is resolved , but if ever I will have problem one day, the I may coming back to you if I need help with Wmware player, thanks a lot for your advice!

Flame said:
    Done! the problem was in BIOS. After they change motherboard i got the ,,first level bios coruption"  they fix it after 10 days.

So cool you also resolved your problem!  I know nothing about the BIOS, I guess it may be cool to learnt about it in case.