Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Install m2 SSD on Aspire 5 A515-51G

chhabariachhabaria Posts: 2Member New User
edited February 20 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello There,
I have recently bought Acer Aspire A515-51G laptop and would like to install ssd, anyone can guide me disassemble the laptop and install it.
thanks is advance and sorry for bad english.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 7,543 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Remove the screws for service doors(HDD and RAM), take out the memory modules and HDD, remove 17 screws from the back cover, use a guitar pick or an old card to release the tabs(slowly without breaking the tabs), separate the bottom cover slowly, insert the M.2 SSD at an angle and secure with the screw, reverse the procedure to reassemble.

Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 7,543ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Remove the screws for service doors(HDD and RAM), take out the memory modules and HDD, remove 17 screws from the back cover, use a guitar pick or an old card to release the tabs(slowly without breaking the tabs), separate the bottom cover slowly, insert the M.2 SSD at an angle and secure with the screw, reverse the procedure to reassemble.

• chhabariachhabaria Posts: 2Member New User
    Thanks alot.
     :) 
    You are welcome :)
  • SunilKumarMohantySunilKumarMohanty Posts: 2Member New User
    What type M.2 SSD it supports? Sata, NVme or Pcie express?
    What type M.2 SSD it supports? Sata, NVme or Pcie express?

Hi,
    Most probably SATA/NVMe SSD compatible, read my post and the customer's review in the links below.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/548485
    https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/forum/Notebooks/ACER/Welche+SSDSchnittstelle+ist+verbaut.
  • SunilKumarMohantySunilKumarMohanty Posts: 2Member New User
    What is the form factor of M.2 SSD?
  • harikesavapkharikesavapk Posts: 3Member New User
    i'm planning to buy 

Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW)

250gb NVMe m.2 ssd will it support ?
    please reply me asap 
    harikesava8@gmail.com
    thanks
    i'm planning to buy 

please reply me asap 
    harikesava8@gmail.com
    thanks
    Hi,
    Are you planning to buy A515-51G? If so, yes you can install the intended Samsung 960EVO NVMe SSD.
    i'm planning to buy 

please reply me asap 
    harikesava8@gmail.com
    thanks
    Hi,
    Are you planning to buy A515-51G? If so, yes you can install the intended Samsung 960EVO NVMe SSD.
    how about 500 gb ? do  it supports 500gb pcie NVMe m.2 ssd ?
    i'm planning to buy 

please reply me asap 
    harikesava8@gmail.com
    thanks
    Hi,

Recommended maximum capacity is 256GB, 512GB may or may not work, it's up to you to test it but I have seen others installing even a 1TB drive in other models and not in a A515-51G.
    Thank you so much for your quick response ... i have acer aspire a515-51G ...i'm planning to buy samsung 960 evo 250GB PCie NVMe m.2 internal SSD .... I heard that it will become more hot ... will it be okay to install this NVMe m.2 ssd ?
    Thank you so much for your quick response ... i have acer aspire a515-51G ...i'm planning to buy samsung 960 evo 250GB PCie NVMe m.2 internal SSD .... I heard that it will become more hot ... will it be okay to install this NVMe m.2 ssd ?

Hi,
    No, I haven't experienced any heat issues due to NVMe SSD, I don't think it generates more heat and it's quite safe to install a NVMe SSD.
  • supernova18supernova18 Posts: 2Member New User
    Will the WD Green Work ?

WD Green 
    https://www.amazon.in/WD-Green-240GB-Internal-WDS240G1G0B/dp/B01M9B2VB7/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1524748598&sr=1-2&keywords=wd+green+240gb
    as this has a different pin design that what's on the mother board.

The thing is I want to only use this machine to edit videos and there NVME doesnt help to fast the process buy a lot but it costs more( 40% more).
     Samsung 960
    https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=samsung+960&rh=n:976392031,k:samsung+960

This the inside of the motherboard to be precise.

Please help. Actually Acer support says I need to get the ssd installed by their officials only and they are not helping at all. So I have to purchase one from amazon and go to them for installation to keep my warranty intact.
    Will the WD Green Work ?

WD Green 
    https://www.amazon.in/WD-Green-240GB-Internal-WDS240G1G0B/dp/B01M9B2VB7/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1524748598&sr=1-2&keywords=wd+green+240gb
    as this has a different pin design that what's on the mother board.

The thing is I want to only use this machine to edit videos and there NVME doesnt help to fast the process buy a lot but it costs more( 40% more).
     Samsung 960
    https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=samsung+960&rh=n:976392031,k:samsung+960

This the inside of the motherboard to be precise.

Please help. Actually Acer support says I need to get the ssd installed by their officials only and they are not helping at all. So I have to purchase one from amazon and go to them for installation to keep my warranty intact.

Hi,
    It should work as both M.2 SATA and NVMe SSDs are compatible with your model, don't worry about the slot as it's suitable for M+B keyed and M keyed SSDs.
  • JGR290379JGR290379 Posts: 2Member New User
    by the way it's working as nvme not sata. so its perfectly compatible.
  • ahanaf_aminahanaf_amin Posts: 7Member New User
    i am afraid to buy 960EVO which is NVMe .does this support on (aspire 5 A515-51G-51GW) ?
    please help
    JGR290379 said:
    by the way it's working as nvme not sata. so its perfectly compatible.
     i am running (aspire 5 A515-51G-51GW) does it support samsung 960 evo NVMe ?
    i am afraid to buy it because of it supports on model or not
    please help
    i'm planning to buy 

please reply me asap 
    harikesava8@gmail.com
    thanks
    Hi,

Recommended maximum capacity is 256GB, 512GB may or may not work, it's up to you to test it but I have seen others installing even a 1TB drive in other models and not in a A515-51G.
    please help
    i'm planning to buy 

please reply me asap 
    harikesava8@gmail.com
    thanks
    Hi,

please help
    Hi,
    Yes, it supports Samsung Evo 960, I have it installed in my A515-51 and runs at half the speed advertised by the manufacturer due to only 2 lanes enabled(it's the norm for laptops).