Install m2 SSD on Aspire 5 A515-51G

Answers

• hamiyazima
    hamiyazima Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

R$ 107,12  42%OFF | KingSpec SSD M.2 120gb 240gb 512gb M2 SSD pcie NVMe 128GB 256GB 2280 PCIE SSD M.2 HDD PCIe Internal Hard Drive For Laptop MSI
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3QCdYbq
    I bought this ssd.  Just plug the device.
    I run the diskgenius and didnd find anything.
    Do I  have to change something in the bios?
    This piece is nvme but I don't know the generation.
    Please some help.
  • shadow_unal
    shadow_unal Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

did you try NVME M.2 ssd ? Does it support ?
  • Tanuj21
    Tanuj21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I can install m.2 SSD. Will it void my warranty if I do it by myself? If I get this done on service center will they charge money? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Generally, opening the notebook does not violate the warranty, as long as there is no warranty seal on the screws and as long as you do not damage any parts! However, it is recommended that you contact Acer technical support and verify that the opening of the notebook violates the warranty!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DAVIDE94
    DAVIDE94 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Ciao a tutti ho un ACER ASPIRE 5 A515-51G-89R1, gli ho sostituito solo l' HDD da 1tb con un SSD da 1tb per una questione di lentezza d'avvio.
    ho letto che posso aggiungere un m.2 ed avevo pensato a questo (accetto vostri consigli in merito)

Samsung MZ-V7S250BW Unità SSD 970 EVO PLUS, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe, Nero

chiedo come posso trasferire windows 10 dal mio vecchio HDD dato che dall' SSD ogni tanto windows non risponde...
    mi spiego meglio vorrei copiare windows dall HDD che rimonterò solo per trasferire windows evitando che ci siano errori all' m.2 per l' avvio ancor più rapido e poi dopo aver impostato l'm.2 come memoria principale d'avvio rimontare l'SSD ed eliminare windows da quest'ultimo lasciando normalmente i dati contenuti all'interno.
    spero mi aiuterete a presto.
    accetto consigli di ogni genere

Hi everyone I have an ACER ASPIRE 5 A515-51G-89R1, I only replaced the 1tb HDD with a 1tb SSD for a question of slow start-up.
    I read that I can add a m.2 and I thought of this (I accept your advice on this)

Samsung MZ-V7S250BW SSD Unit 970 EVO PLUS, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe, Black
    I ask how can I transfer windows 10 from my old HDD since from the SSD every now and then windows does not respond ...
    let me explain better I would like to copy windows from the HDD which I will remount only to transfer windows avoiding that there are errors to the m.2 for the even more rapid start and then after having set the m.2 as main memory of start up reassemble SSD and delete windows from the latter normally leaving the data contained within.
    I hope you will help me soon.
    I accept all kinds of suggestions
  • Hello @DAVIDE94! Ideally, you should create a new topic so that other users can see your question! Call me by putting the @ before my name!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • medvemacko
    medvemacko Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi everyone, I'd like to buy a 
    Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SATA3 CT500MX500SSD4 

for my Aspire A515-51G. Will it work? Can Windows boot from it?
  • Hello @medvemacko! Ideally, you should create a new topic so that other users can see your question! Call me by putting the @ before my name!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• arshad_nehal
    arshad_nehal Member Posts: 3 New User
    My model is Acer aspire A515-51G-58GJ
    I am planning to upgrade to M2 nvme SSD 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32924901377.html

Will it work in my laptop
    My serial no is MXGT1SI001..
    PLEASE REPLY IF ANYONE WITH SAME MODEL HAS INSTALLED IT
  • Probably yes. However, I would opt for well-known brands such as kingston, intel and samsung!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MadhavMendpara
    MadhavMendpara Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

i dont know a515-51g-56k9 support 3.0x4 everyone ask a515-51g support only 3.0x2 and work at half speed of advertised speed but my xpg sx6000 lite work advertised speed 1800r 600w     thats why i send some screenshots it will be usefull for future ssd buyer.

• MadhavMendpara

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    crystaldiskonfo showing hhd state caution 
    is this normal?
    or how can i solve this c5 current pending sector count
    and i have already defragmented

• Not good when a hd error appears! Have you tried disconnecting the hd and reconnecting it to see if the error remains? Have you also tried reinstalling windows? It may be some windows bug!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MadhavMendpara

Tinkerer

yes i already disconnect and connect hdd when installing ssd and also i have no os on hhd after clean windows install on ssd 
  • Is your notebook still under warranty? Have you tried to do a slow formatting on HD?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MadhavMendpara

Tinkerer

warranty? no      what is slow format? how to do? any software needed?
  • You can do a slow formatting on hd by typing these commands:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x (x is the hdd number)
    clean (erase all)
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs = ntfs (will take a long time)
    assign

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Curtis16
    Curtis16 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi i have a515-51g-53cb can i put a ssd on it and i have optane memory on it
  • You can put both a ssd m2 2280 sata 3 or nvme gen3x2 as an optane memory of 16gb! However, I would opt for a ssd m2 2280 of at least 256gb!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• arshad_nehal
    arshad_nehal Member Posts: 3 New User
    R$ 107,12  42%OFF | KingSpec SSD M.2 120gb 240gb 512gb M2 SSD pcie NVMe 128GB 256GB 2280 PCIE SSD M.2 HDD PCIe Internal Hard Drive For Laptop MSI
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3QCdYbq
    I bought this ssd.  Just plug the device.
    I run the diskgenius and didnd find anything.
    Do I  have to change something in the bios?
    This piece is nvme but I don't know the generation.
    Please some .arshad_nehal said:
    My model is Acer aspire A515-51G-58GJ
    I am planning to upgrade to M2 nvme SSD 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32924901377.html

Will it work in my laptop
    My serial no is MXGT1SI001..
    PLEASE REPLY IF ANYONE WITH SAME MODEL HAS INSTALLED IT
    Yes it will support i myself have installed and its working fine read speed is 1600 and write speed is 1080 MB/S

And to all those who have confusion 
    The laptop m2 sloy is M keyed 

And so it support both sata 3 and NVMe interface (trial and tested) but the nvme ssd is supported upto 2 lanes so you may see reduce in speed .
    And this is valid on all acer aspire A515-51G models
This discussion has been closed.