How do I setup the fingerprint reader on my Acer notebook?
In addition to using an account password or PIN to sign in to Windows apps and services, you can also use the fingerprint reader to sign-in and unlock your Acer notebook. In order to use the fingerprint reader, you must first configure the fingerprint reader to recognize your fingerprint to confirm your identity.
How to use the fingerprint reader
Note: If the notebook has multiple accounts, you can set up access separately and automatically switch between accounts.
- Click the Start menu and select Settings.
- Select Accounts, then choose Sign-in options.
- Create a PIN code.
- In the Windows Hello section, select Set up to configure the fingerprint reader.
- Select Get started to begin the fingerprint configuration.
- Enter your PIN to confirm your identity.
- When the Windows Hello setup window appears, follow the onscreen directions. Press and hold your finger on the fingerprint sensor and then lift. Repeat this step until the fingerprint configuration is complete.
- You will now be able to sign in or unlock your computer by placing your fingerprint on the fingerprint reader. You may select Add another to add another fingerprint to unlock the computer.