Can I setup Wi-Fi meshing on my Predator Connect W6 router?
Predator Connect W6 routers support meshing that allows you to expand the coverage of your network. Mesh networking involves connecting multiple routers to create a network that covers a larger area and provides better coverage and performance. To mesh a Predator Connect W6 router, you will need to follow these steps:
- Determine the number of routers you will need: The number of routers you need will depend on the size of the area you want to cover. Generally, you will need one router for every 1500 square feet of space.
- Set up the first router: Set up the first Predator Connect W6 router by connecting it to your modem and configuring it. For instructions on how to set up your Predator Connect W6 router, see Predator Connect W6 Unboxing and Quick Setup. Once the router is set up, connect your devices to it and make sure that you have a stable connection.
- Set up the additional routers: To set up additional Predator Connect W6 routers, place them in strategic locations throughout your home or office. Make sure that each router is within range of the main router and has a stable internet connection. For tips on where to place your Predator Connect W6 routers, see In-house Placement of Your Acer Predator Connect W6.
- Configure the additional routers: Once you have set up the additional routers, you will need to configure them to work with the main router. To do this, access the router's settings page and look for the mesh networking option. Follow the instructions to connect the additional routers to the main router and create a mesh network.
- Test the network: Once you have set up and configured the mesh network, test it to ensure that it is working properly. Connect your devices to the network and move around the space to make sure that you have a stable connection throughout. You can use the built-in antenna calibration mode to optimize the Wi-Fi performance of your Acer Predator Connect W6. For instructions on how to calibrate the antennas, see How to Calibrate the Antennas of Your Acer Predator Connect W6.
Note: The Predator Connect W6 router does not work with Google mesh routers.