The Snipping Tool in Windows 11 is a built-in screenshot tool that allows you to capture images of your screen. Use the instructions below to create screenshots with the Snipping Tool in Windows 11.
- Type Snipping Tool in the search bar.
- Click on the Snipping Tool app in the search results to open it.
- Click on the New button in the Snipping Tool window.
- Select the type of snip you want to take from the drop-down menu:
- Rectangular Snip: Allows you to draw a rectangle around the area you want to capture.
- Free-form Snip: Allows you to draw a free-form shape around the area you want to capture.
- Window Snip: Allows you to capture an entire window.
- Full-screen Snip: Allows you to capture the entire screen.
- Click and drag to select the area you want to capture. The snip will be displayed in the Snipping Tool window.
- To save the snip, click on the Save Snip button located in the top-left corner of the window.
- Choose a location to save the snip, give it a name, and click on Save.
Note: You can also copy the snip to the clipboard by clicking on the Copy button, and then paste it into another program or document.