Dial-up internet is an old form of internet access that has largely been replaced by Broadband internet and cellular networks. However, in large parts of rural America and other parts of the world where cable and satellite internet are expensive or difficult to access, dial-up is still the go-to method of internet access. Use the instructions below to connect to dial-up on your Windows 11 computer.
How to set up a dial-up connection
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙
- Select Network & internet and then click on Dial-up
- Click on Set up a new connection.
- In the Choose a connection option pop-up window, select Connect to the Internet, Setup a new network, or Connect to a workplace according to your preference.
- Simply follow the steps according to your selected option to set up a new dial-up connection.