Setting up a mobile hotspot from your computer allows you to share your internet connection with up to 8 other devices. This is useful if other devices cannot sign in to a wireless network, or when you want to share your wired connection with wireless devices.
This article will take you through the steps of setting up a mobile hotspot on your Windows 11 computer.
How to set up a mobile hotspot
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙.
- Select Network & Internet and choose Mobile Hotspot.
- Click Share my internet connection from and select either Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Click Share Over and select either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Locate Properties and select Edit.
- Enter the network name, password, and network band in the pop-up box and click Save.
- Set the switch by Mobile Hotspot to On.
Once you have configured the hotspot you can also quickly turn it on and off by pressing the Windows key + A and then clicking the Mobile Hotspot button.