The Quick Access Windows function allows you to access your folders directly instead of going through the drive path of multiple folders. Read below to learn how to pin a folder to quick access as well as how to remove or add folders.
How to pin to Quick Access
- Click on the Magnifying Glass 🔎 in the taskbar and type File Explorer and press Enter.
- Locate the Quick Access section in the left sidebar. This will show your most recently used folders and files from the last 20 days.
- Right-click a folder or file you want to pin and select Show more options and click Pin to Quick Access.
How to unpin from Quick Access
- To remove a folder from Quick Access, right-click on a folder.
- From the pop-up menu, click Unpin from Quick access.
- If you wish to remove a file from Quick Access, right-click on the file, and click Remove from Quick access.
Note: Removing an item from Quick Access does not delete the file. Items removed from Quick Access will remain intact in their original location.
How to remove Quick Access from File Explorer
- Press Windows ⊞ + E to open file explorer.
- Click the … menu on the toolbar and select Options.
- On the Folder Options dialog, make sure the General tab is active.
- Select This PC from the Open File Explorer to drop-down list.
- Click OK. When you launch File Explorer, you will now see This PC where Quick Access once was.