What is Live Captioning?
Live Caption is a new feature in Windows 11 that turns the audio on your computer and microphone into text on your screen. This accessibility feature is useful for people with hearing disabilities or users who want to supplement their audio with written text.
This article will show you two different ways to turn on the Windows 11 live caption feature.
How to enable Live Captions in Windows Settings
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙, or use Windows ⊞ + I to quickly open Settings.
- Select Accessibility from the left menu.
- Scroll down to the section labeled Hearing and select Captions.
- Choose your Caption style using the drop down.
- Click on Edit and choose your caption Position, Caption Options and Caption Style.
- Close the windows to exit the Settings menu and save your settings.
How to turn on Live Captions using the Ctrl + L keyboard shortcut
- Press Windows ⊞ + Ctrl + L.
- Select I agree in the pop-up menu that appears.
- If Live Captions is not installed, a pop-up box will appear. Select Download.