There are several files on your Windows PC that are hidden by default. This is typically done to prevent the accidental deletion of important data and system files, as that could cause problems. You can change the visibility status of these files easily through your File Explorer on both Windows 10 and 11, however, be careful of what you delete as that could cause negative side effects.
Steps to display hidden files on Windows 11
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Show > Hidden items.
Done, you should now be able to see all files in your Windows 11 File Explorer.
Steps to display hidden files on Windows 10
- Open the File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Select the View tab, and then in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and select OK.
Done, you should now be able to see all files in your Windows 10 File Explorer.