Making sure you have the correct and most up-to-date monitor driver and color profile installed is important to ensure you see the most accurate color as it was intended for the content you are viewing. Whether you are at work or at play, color accuracy will make your overall experience better.
Download and install a monitor driver and color profile on Windows from the Acer support website
In most cases, monitor drivers and color profiles are installed automatically on your Windows-based PC. These usually consist of a few files, one with the extension INF, and one with the extension ICM. The INF file is used by Windows for the main driver installation and the ICM file has the color profile for the monitor that allows Windows to match and display colors more accurately.
Here are the steps to help you download and install the latest driver and color profile.
- Go to the Acer Drivers & Manuals website.
- Enter your device serial number, SNID or model number. You can also use the dropdown menu to search for your series and specific monitor model number.
- Select the correct operating system for the driver you need.
- Click Download, which will download a zip file containing the files you need.
- Unzip the file by double-clicking it. This will extract the files you will need to update your driver (.INF) and color profile (.ICM).
- Navigate to the .INF or .ICM file that was extracted from the zip file.
- Right-click on the file, and select Install Profile.