How do I change the default web browser in Windows 11?
Windows 11 uses Microsoft Edge web browser as the default web browser. You can change it to a different browser if you prefer using a browser like Google Chrome or Firefox. You may need to install the browser you want to use as the default if it is not already installed.
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings⚙ and choose the Settings App.
- Select Apps from the left menu, then select Default Apps.
- Scroll down and select the web browser you want to use as default, then select it.
- Click a file type you want to change the default browser for, then click Change Anyway to select the browser you want to use.
- Select the default browser you want to use, then click Ok.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each file type you want to change.
- Close the settings window when you are done making changes.