How can I create recovery media for my Windows 11 computer?
Acer recommends creating a Windows 11 recovery drive. By creating a recovery drive, you will be able to reinstall Windows 11 in case your computer ever experiences major problems like hardware failure. Windows releases updates periodically, so we recommend you recreate a recovery drive annually.
Note: Personal files, apps, settings, or programs are not backed up when creating a recovery drive. Therefore, we recommend you Backup and Restore in Windows frequently.
Recovery Drive Creation Instructions
Follow the steps below to create a Windows 11 recovery drive. You need a USB drive of at least 16 GB for this.
Note: The USB drive will be erased when creating the recovery drive.
1) Press the Windows key + R key in Windows, enter recovery drive in the dialogue screen, and click on OK. The Recovery Drive process will now launch and the Create a recovery drive window will open.
2) In the Create a recovery drive window, make sure the Back up system files to the recovery drive checkbox is checked, and then click on Next to start the creation of recovery media.
The system will now prepare the creation of the recovery media. This may take some minutes.
3) If you haven’t already done so, insert the USB drive you want to use, select it to create a recovery drive, and click on Next.
Note: Any content on the drive you select will be deleted.
4) Click on Create to start copying the recovery files to the USB drive.
The recovery files are now copied to the USB drive. This may take some minutes.
5) Once all files are copied the creation of the recovery media is done. Click on Finish to complete.