How do I create a factory restore drive for my Acer computer?
It is a good idea to create a recovery drive for your computer so you can reinstall Windows 11 if you encounter any issues that require you to restore the system. This drive will only contain the factory software and will not backup any of your personal files or applications. Use the steps below to create your Windows 11 recovery drive. You will need a 16 GB or larger USB flash drive to complete this process.
- Make sure your computer is connected to a power source and not running only on battery.
- Connect a 16 GB or larger USB flash drive to a USB port on your computer.
- Click on the Magnifying Glass 🔎 in the taskbar.
- Type Create a recovery drive in the Search bar.
- Select Create a recovery drive from the list of search results.
- Select Yes to allow this app to make changes to your device.