How can I create backups in Windows 7?
Windows 7 includes a program to create backups of your files and folders. You can decide which data to backup and the schedule to run, in order to have always recent copies of your data. Use the following steps to to configure Windows 7 Backup and Restore:
- In case you use an external hard drive, connect the drive.
- Click Start, type backup, and from the result list, click Backup and Restore.
- Click Set up backup and select where you want to save your backup.
- Accept the default to backup all libraries and personal data in your folders or select manually the specific folders to backup. This could include a system image depending on the device you use.
- Set or disable manually the schedule, or accept the default to run each day. Connect the backup device at the time of the schedule.
- Click Save Settings and Run Backup.
- The first backup may take considerable time, depending on the amount of data. All subsequent backups will save only new and changed files.
For general tips on creating backups, please visit our knowledge base article .