Where is the camera driver for Aspire Switch SW5-015 Windows 10 32-bit?

eligwe
eligwe Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Ever since the Windows 10 update, my notebook's web camera has stopped working. I am following this guide from Acer. I found my model's drivers here, but there is no "Patch" tab on the driver webpage. I've also tried using Acer Care Center to find the driver and there is one available called "Chipset Driver". I've tried installing it, but it never works. I heard that this chipset driver is necessary to update the webcamera. I'm on Windows 10, version 1909. I've also installed all the latest updates in Windows 10.

Answers

• eligwe

Tinkerer

Does anybody know if it's possible to download the old driver for Camera Sensor OV2722? It was corrupted with a Windows 10 update a while ago. I cannot roll it back from Device Manager.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,448 Trailblazer
    I believe that driver is provided by Microsoft so should be reinstalled automatically if you fully uninstall the bad one. When uninstalling make sure you check the box to remove files so they'll have to be re-downloaded for reinstallation.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Waawe
    Waawe Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Have been trying to solve the issue for years now, to no avail, searched high and low, nothing helps. Bought a laptop without a working camera.  390EUR down the drain... 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,448 Trailblazer
    @Waawe if you have a similar problem that isn't solved by the suggestions in this thread, you should likely start a new thread so we can look at your specific issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Waawe
    Waawe Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

It is here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/541565/acer-aspire-switch-10-webcam-wont-be-detected/p1

no need to weed the forum with the same issue over and over again. :-) I have searched the internet on a number of occasions and no one ever reported fixing this particular issue, although experienced by many. :-(
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry. Apparently no one has yet wanted to try the ALT+F10 factory reset to try to revive the camera. You could be the first!  If it works, you'd probably be a hero to some folks. If not, well then you'd know that you likely have a hardware issue.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• eligwe

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry. Apparently no one has yet wanted to try the ALT+F10 factory reset to try to revive the camera. You could be the first!  If it works, you'd probably be a hero to some folks. If not, well then you'd know that you likely have a hardware issue.  :)   Jack E/NJ
    Actually, I have tried it and it does not work. Windows Update does not update the driver neither does trying through Device Manager, unfortunately. I don’t think a compatible driver was made for this camera for Windows 10.
  • JackE
    edited January 2020
    As noted earlier, if a full erase-everything ALT+F10 factory Win8.1 or factory Win10 reset was unsuccessful, then it's a likely camera hardware failure. You can try DriverBoooster or similiar freeware driver tools to see if they pick up anything new that might resolve the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Fred100
    Fred100 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I has a similar problem with my Switch SW5-012 - the webcam wasn't working and it didn't appear in device manager. Installing the Intel Atom platform drivers fixed it. I was looking for specific webcam drivers so this wasn't immediately obvious. Someone else also mentioned installing the platform drivers in another post
  • JackE
    Thanks for your report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mayoritys
    Mayoritys Member Posts: 1 New User
    I´ve found a solution! When i uninstalled windows and installed windows 10 64bits, i met with a lot of drivers issues. So what i did was:
    At first, i used Driver Booster to recognise all de devices. An then all the drivers where downloaded easily. But the camera was still not working. 
    So i searched for the original driverpack of the Acer Aspire Switch 10. But unfortunetly i couldn´t found it in the oficial website. 
    But then after a deep search i found this web: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOTHERBOARD/Intel/Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-SW5-012-Intel-Platform-Driver-Pack-1-0-0-1064-for-Windows-10.shtml
    I downloaded it and try to isntall the driver pack, and again i face an error message. A lot of thinking after, y figured it out and installed the driver pack through de CMD. The file .bat it´s in this folder. 
    Remember that you have to open this as an administrator. 
    After all this process i have all the functions working as before. 
    (sorry if i commit a lot of grammar erros, english is not mi fisrt lenguage :)
    I hope this could help some of you, thath also have this issue. 
  • JackE
    Thanks for your report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.