dobly not installing(G9-793)

Inept1
Inept1 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited July 2019 in Predator Laptops

I recently had to do a clean install of windows 10 becasue the creators update completly broke my laptop, After the install I was able to install everything but the dolby audio driver, in the realtek folder, none of the dolby executables will run, they all say something else needs to be installed, the only thing that will run is in the "PCEE4" folder and that is "Dolby Advanced Audio". but that is not bringing back the icon i had on my taskbar or the app that shows up to chose the sound type. how do i get that back.

Best Answer

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,074 Pathfinder
    Didn't you create a recovery drive before doing a clean install of windows, or you did it with the recovery drive? If it is a new Windows I suspect that the windows on predators is unique and they contain the dolby audio settings. Usually even after factory resetting or installing windows from recovery drive, dolby audio is automatically installed too.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• daga89
    daga89 Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter

you have to download the driver for your specific model in the acer page, then in the folder look for the (DAX2) folder, like---

C:\.......drivers predator\Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7945_W10x64\DAX2\x64

and install the dax2_app_release_x64 file. it will brings back the icon tray and Will bring back the perfection of sound of your laptop.

Hope to help!!

• Inept1

Tinkerer

Yes I tried installing that one, but it says the Dolby driver and api needs to be installed first
  • daga89
    Answer ✓

ok then try to download the realtek audio driver from the very page.......

-before installing the new uninstall all the audio drivers in program files, like dolby audio and realtek audio....

then install the new downloaded driver downloaded from here....

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs

and restart the laptop, once installed check if fixed, if not, try to install the app mentioned before in the (DAX2 app)

that should let you install the dolby audio x2 and the icon in the tray app.

• Inept1

Tinkerer

I will try that as soon as I get home and let you know how it goes...
  • Inept1

Tinkerer

I will try that as soon as I get home and let you know how it goes...
  • daga89

excelent i have the G9-793 Model and have the same issue when upgrading the w10 home to w10 Pro

• Inept1

Tinkerer

It worked, i got the taskbar icon back and my good sound. Just in FYI the link you provided, when you click on "i accept the above" then "Ok" it just reloads the page you just clicked "i accept the above" and "Ok" on. but i was able to find it on the page myself.

Thanks for your help!

• daga89

I am very happy that I could help you, just check that when you turn the laptop on and off, the dolby audio starts as off, if that is the case my solution was to create a macros to the application run, windows, then to run I have The exact path to start the app and wait 1200ms and press tab 2 times and press enter that activates the dolby in a single click on the macros of the laptop and I do not have to go to the application open it and turn it on. If you start the laptop with the dolby on, it is perfect if not with that macros activate it automatically. Another thing in some games the dolby is disabled if it is your case let me know and tell you what to do to solve it, the games that disabled me to my dolby for example are the COD infinite warfare, battlefield 1 is the problem of the microphone driver.

• FokA00
    FokA00 Member Posts: 6 New User
    The link on this doesnt work anymore. Anyone has a separate link?
  • RyanYellow
    RyanYellow Member Posts: 8 New User
    The link isn't working and i'm facing this same problem now.
    i can't install dobly audio intaller on DAX2 folder.

Can anyone help?what should i do?
  • Inept1

Tinkerer

edited July 2019

I still have the laptop i made this thread about, and i just recently reinstalled Windows 10 again. But i cant remember exactly what i did. I believe I downloaded the audio driver from the drivers page for my exact model of Predator and installed it from that, cant remember exactly what i installed in that folder tho, sorry.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

What is your PC's model number?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • RyanYellow
    XdxD said:

My PC's model is G9 593 77T3, i download the latest audio driver for it but still dolby audio doesn't appear
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:

My PC's model is G9 593 77T3, i download the latest audio driver for it but still dolby audio doesn't appear
    The driver on Acer's page for your PC is from 2016. You installed that one?
  • RyanYellow
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:

i used that one only, if i reset to factory setting, will it bring back my dolby audio?
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:

i used that one only, if i reset to factory setting, will it bring back my dolby audio?
    Download all the drivers to some removable drive. After reset, don't connect to internet and install all those drivers. It should work since this ensures no interference from Windows Update.
  • RyanYellow
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:

Download all the drivers to some removable drive. After reset, don't connect to internet and install all those drivers. It should work since this ensures no interference from Windows Update.
    Thanks it works, i tried to installed realtek driver without connected to internet, and update the driver via device manager and after that install dolby driver on DAX2 folder.
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:

Thanks it works, i tried to installed realtek driver without connected to internet, and update the driver via device manager and after that install dolby driver on DAX2 folder.
    Glad you got your problems solved.
  • RyanYellow
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:

Glad you got your problems solved.
    yes, thnaks man!!!