dobly not installing(G9-793)

Options
2»

Answers

• jhaddie
    jhaddie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello Friends!

I'm jumping in this thread as I have always been experiencing audio issues with my laptop, and what is being talked about in this thread is very relevant to the things I've tried and experienced.

Acer Predator G9-593 with Windows 10
    I uninstalled audio drivers in an attempt to resolve an issue.
    I downloaded the audio driver pack from acer that corresponds to my laptop.
    I used the Realtek "Setup" application in the main "Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7917_W10x64" folder to install audio drivers.
    My issue at this point was that I had audio coming from only my left speaker. Nothing out of right. Checked that my balance was outputting through both speakers, and used the "Test" feature. 
    I am unable to install the "dax2_app_release_x64" in the "DAX2" folder, or the "DolbyHomeTheater" and "DolbyAdvancedAudio" applications under the "PCEE4" folder
    I found a PCEE4 driver elsewhere on the internet and installed the "PCEE4-DHT" driver, which allowed me to install Dolby Home Theater BUT it did not remedy my lack-of-right-speaker issue
    Contacted Acer: what a waste of time that is, unless you're under warranty or willing to pay. I feel this is a manufacturer issue. It's drivers for crying out loud!

Any tips or help would be appreciated, you guys seem awesome based on previous comments here
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @jhaddie one thing you could try its to try the left speaker on the right side connector and vice versa to find out if its not relly faulty and if you need to buy a speaker or not and the worst case scenario would be a faulty connector in the mobo itself (that would require a mobo replacement not really worth it too expensive to spend so much money on a used donor mobo for almost the price of getting a new laptop) and yes anything out of warranty it will not be taken in consideration by any manufacturer as they will only support under warranty especially when its old discontinued models the only thing they could do for you would be point you to a parts partner for you to get the parts you need and replace them yourself  good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• SporadicThought
    SporadicThought Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    Options
    jhaddie said:
    I used the Realtek "Setup" application in the main "Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7917_W10x64" folder to install audio drivers.
    I have heard worse ideas. My experience has taught me not to install "vendor drivers" on machines that are no longer supported (2-3 years after launch). On my Predator 17 I think I found the best method. Do clean install. Install vendor (Acer) ahci & chipset at the Windows install prompt.. Like, yes, when it has you partition drives there is a little button to load drivers. You can load up a drive with the naked chipset files and ahci and install them before Windows starts setting up. Once into Windows I typically will go straight for the chipset from Intel. Grab any drivers that can't be found from the OEM, and keep them ready for their turn. I base my driver installs on how the bus trees out, in that ordering.
    So, it's like: AHCI, Chipset, I2c, Thermal, USB, Touchpad, Networking, Display, etc (I know display is at the beginning of the bus, but the drivers seem like they do better once they have some legs on them). I get the drivers from Intel, Atheros, Realtek, etc. This breaks the vendor driver kit. I try to keep the extra vendor files out of the way. 7zip is great for extracting drivers from a .exe or .msi that was released by my system vendor.   
    Reminder.. this is only optimal once I haven't seen my vendor update any drivers for at least a year.  It seems that USUALLY once the vendor has stopped developing the drivers the OEM has actually worked out bugs that the vendors rustled out; so the drivers are very stable. More importantly: recent! My goal is to make the machine as OEM as possible while knowing when to keep a vendor driver in-tact. Experimenting with my Predator 17 has resulted in my install going just as stated above. The difference between installing in that fashion and just installing Windows /Windows Update / Acer Drivers is phenomenal. The performance is clearly better.
    I am unable to install the "dax2_app_release_x64" in the "DAX2" folder, or the "DolbyHomeTheater" and "DolbyAdvancedAudio" applications under the "PCEE4" folder
    I found a PCEE4 driver elsewhere on the internet and installed the "PCEE4-DHT" driver, which allowed me to install Dolby Home
    Theater BUT it did not remedy my lack-of-right-speaker issue
    Contacted Acer: what a waste of time that is, unless you're under warranty or willing to pay. I feel this is a manufacturer issue. It's drivers for crying out loud!

Any tips or help would be appreciated, you guys seem awesome based on previous comments here
    It is generally poor practice to run the non-main-setup executables found in a driver package. They are often altered versions of themselves or they will be missing flags and operands that scripts add to them when they install properly. This can lead to a botched peripheral , uninstall-able registry entries, or who-knows-what.
    My suggestion to you is to go into your system and remove every bit of those drivers you can find. Delete the reg keys and run ccleaner after, remove startup entries with Autoruns64.exe, disable and uninstall the services related. Maybe just take your hdd and smash it to bits with a sledge (reinstall Windows).
     My other suggestion is to try these drivers from Realtek, they work like a charm on my G9-791. The developer went back in and revived the package a bit. It has the Dolby components. What a OEM! Now, don't get me wrong. The Realtek support page is hard to navigate for some, but the driver you seek is there.

As a last resort, I guess you'll have to open the system up and verify the physical speaker connections, strange coincidences like that have had me up for days troubleshooting based on my assumption that I don't have to perform a certain test because, "I didn't touch that part," or "that part was working fine before."

EDIT: Check out this open-source program for the best driver management software you can find for Windows: https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer. It helps users uninstall any and all drivers that don't belong in the system allowing users to easily start fresh for a particular device.

P.S. my use of the terms 'OEM' and 'vendor' may seem backwards. I'm approaching this from a POV where the people that created the hardware and original drivers are the OEM and that the Laptop maker is my vendor..