error in reseting/resfreshing pc

ayush6968
ayush6968 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone, i am in deep trouble please help me.
Recently i have purchased acter nitro ryzen 5 2500u and i messed up its drivers and system. now i want to reset/refresh my pc but everytime i reset/refresh its stops in the process saying that "there was a problem in refreshing/resetting your pc no changes were made". please help me. thank you

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Try system restore.
    Go to control panel>large icons>recovery>open system restore. A new windows will open, press next and then select shoe more restore points and choose the earliest the was created and then press next. After the windows restore try factory reset.

If that doesn't work you need at least 16GB USB flash drive to try to create a recovery drive(I doubt that will work, as windows is corrupted). 

If recovery drive doesn't work your last option is to re-install windows. For this you need at least 16GB USB flash drive. Go to this webpage and select the version of windows you want to download. Make sure you download is as .ISO format, then after it is downloaded follow the instructions here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/542349/my-aspire-v5-431-is-not-going-beyond-acer-logo-after-starting-it#latest
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    It seems windows is corrupted and it won't let you factory reset it. Open command prompt and input  sfc /scannow
    If that doesn't work go to control panel>small/large icons>troubleshooting>system and security> fix problems with windows update.
    If that doesn't help go to disk management and check if the recovery partition is missing.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• ayush6968
    sir i have tried first 2 options but nothing worked for me
  • ven98
    Go to disk management and check if the recovery partition isn't missing.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ayush6968
    no sir recovery is not missing
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Try system restore.
    Go to control panel>large icons>recovery>open system restore. A new windows will open, press next and then select shoe more restore points and choose the earliest the was created and then press next. After the windows restore try factory reset.

If that doesn't work you need at least 16GB USB flash drive to try to create a recovery drive(I doubt that will work, as windows is corrupted). 

If recovery drive doesn't work your last option is to re-install windows. For this you need at least 16GB USB flash drive. Go to this webpage and select the version of windows you want to download. Make sure you download is as .ISO format, then after it is downloaded follow the instructions here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/542349/my-aspire-v5-431-is-not-going-beyond-acer-logo-after-starting-it#latest
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ayush6968
    thank you sir. i will try this methord

• ven98
    You are welcome  :)
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system