My D:/ drive went missing nitro 5

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    OK. Gently insert a credit card between the back of the drive and the case. Pry the drive up slightly so it clears the case. Then gently pull it out from the slot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 93greeny
    93greeny Member Posts: 97

Tinkerer

ok i took it out what next?
  • JackE
    Plug the adapter that  you bought ( https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/638605/#Comment_638605 ) into the HDD and the USB port. Then turn your machine on to see if the HDD is detected in File Explorer and diskmgmt.msc. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• 93greeny

Tinkerer

ok wait for FEB 18 that went the items comes see you than lol :)

• 93greeny

Tinkerer

ok nevermind how do u fit the wire into the machince?
  • 93greeny

Tinkerer

ok here it is
  • JackE
    93greeny>>> how do u fit the wire into the machince?>>>

Just plug the large SATA connector into the HDD and the small USB plug into your laptop's USB port. A pop up should automatically appear if the laptop detects that the HDD is OK.  You should be able to see files on the HDD with File Explorer as either the D or E folder. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 93greeny

Tinkerer

should i remove the casing? that black part?

• 93greeny

Tinkerer

um i cant fit it lol

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Have you checked that the drive is showing up as volume in the IRST?
    Have you checked that the drive appears in the disk manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    93greeny>>>um i cant fit it lol>>>

Show link where you got SATA to USB HDD adapter. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 93greeny

Tinkerer

i see it here
  • 93greeny

Tinkerer

but not here 
  • Have you checked if IRST program, this unit is described as volume?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 93greeny

Tinkerer

i bought it like that it is wrong?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 93greeny

Tinkerer

what a volume?
  • 93greeny

Tinkerer

ok it not a thumbdrive the d drive it inside my laptop
  • here my friend:
    Resultado de imagem para volume irst acer community
    Have you seen the link I sent?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 93greeny

Tinkerer

i remove first so here it is