Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 Yellow display tint?

Options
124»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are Welcome! As a last try, why not try reinstalling windows? To do this, you must press the ALT + F10 keys before the Acer logo! I think it's worth just trying this last option!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Byeah
    Byeah Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I do keep my files tho right? Like there is gonna be an option there? Besides, I don't have my Windows code or whatever cuz win10 came preinstalled
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There is an option to keep the files. However I always recommend that the user back up their files manually!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Byeah
    Options
    Ok so I noticed that the color temp are off....You see light yellow appears to be orange for some reason? it's not a yellow tint.it's an orange one!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are your colors that way?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Byeah
    Options
    yeah...Look I don't want to waste your time more than that so I'll just continue using my external monitor, i guess you can lock this thread, again thanks for the help mate!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I consider this to be a feature of the ips screen. To close the topic, accept my answer to put it as solved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tarzankayaker
    Tarzankayaker Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hey,
    I've been having a similar problem with mine. I also noticed the same issue with the display model in best buy. I've posted this in another thread, but I figured I'd share this a few times since this worked very well for me. I know you mentioned the windows calibration tool did not work, but if you were doing it by eye, that may have been the issue. It did not work for me initially because my eyes were adjusting to the new colors as I was changing them. The method below uses an Android phone instead, and resulted in me changing the colors significantly more than I was doing by eye. I'm happy with the results. You can give the steps below a try if you want. Might work.

Both the gamma and color calibration were terrible on mine. If you search color calibration on the start menu, the first result should be for windows calibration. The first step is a screen to correct gamma. Just go through the onscreen instructions. I only had to bump mine up a few steps. After that, skip brightness and contrast.

The next step is color correction, and this is a little trickier. There is an Android app called color grab, which uses the camera on your phone and gives you RGB (red, green, blue) values. You should download this as doing it by eye is very difficult. The color calibration screen on your computer will show several grey boxes. Hold your phone's camera over each box to get an RGB value. The objective is to get R, G and B values the same, thereby make the shades of grey neutral. If your screen is like mine, R and G will be significantly higher than B. Use the slider bars to bring down R and G until they have the same value as B. You will need to hold the camera over each shade of grey to make sure that color is correct over the entire range of brightness. Once this is done, you can use the previous/current calibration buttons to see the difference.

Disclosures: I am not warranteeing or gauranteeing against some freak accident breaking something, but I think the risk is pretty low considering color calibration is a Windows tool.

If you want to reset the calibration, just use the tool again without changing anything, and it will go back to default. 

The windows color calibration will only calibrate for the user account it is currently on. These settings can be made global, but there are a lot more instructions to do this. If you want to do that, just Google around for instructions.

The color grab app may not display RGB values by default. Just play around with the settings until it shows on the screen. Even with the junk camera on my phone, the app worked really well.

I think this covers everything! The screens on these machines do not have great contrast or saturation, but they can look a whole lot better with calibration.

Regards,