NitroSense software does not open, but it shows up on task manager(Nitro AN515-52)

Answers

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    dclanz said:
    As an update, I finally wiped the system with a clean install of Windows 10 instead of restoring Acer's image of it. Ran Windows update and got everything updated then I installed only the Acer Quick Access, Nitro Sense and Realtek Drivers (this last one is important if you want to get back the Dolby software running in the task tray). Had no problems with Nitro Sense installing or running. This however, may not be a choice for some users but for those willing to do it, Nitro Sense does function with a clean install also.
      how to do a clean install of window without losing any data. will you please tell me?
    Hi @kaflebishal0123 you will need to back up your data preferably to removable storage before you clean install windows. I'll try to whip together a guide of sorts and will post it once I'm done. :)
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited November 2018
    dclanz said:
    As an update, I finally wiped the system with a clean install of Windows 10 instead of restoring Acer's image of it. Ran Windows update and got everything updated then I installed only the Acer Quick Access, Nitro Sense and Realtek Drivers (this last one is important if you want to get back the Dolby software running in the task tray). Had no problems with Nitro Sense installing or running. This however, may not be a choice for some users but for those willing to do it, Nitro Sense does function with a clean install also.
      how to do a clean install of window without losing any data. will you please tell me?
    You need to back up your data if you want it back after a clean install. I wrote a guide here for doing the clean install: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/554696/acer-an515-42-clean-install-guide
    Bear in mind that you may not have to do a clean install to get Nitro Sense working again, please download the Nitro Sense_Acer_3.01.3000_W10x64_A available from the support page https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1&pn=NH.Q3RAA.002 (or if your model differs, find the respective support page). 
    Next open up the Nitro Sense_Acer_3.01.3000_W10x64_A zip file and copy the NitroSense_3.01.3000_W10x64 folder to the desktop. Enter the v3.01.3000 folder and run Setup there to install the Nitro Sense service then go into the NitroSenseV3.1 folder and double click the b6d27df9d58b4baf8a067b8f39aa872a (APPXBUNDLE File) located there. You will be prompted to install NitroSense_V31, click install. Nitro Sense should launch automatically after installation. Note if the Microsoft Smart Screen/ filter app pops up click Run.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • apiszisme
    apiszisme Member Posts: 3 New User
    i got the same problem too :'( someone please help me 
  • sheady
    sheady Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    What i did after having the same exact problem. I'll put numbers to point directly to steps:

(1)I uninstalled it via control panel, then, (2)i went to the Acer site and downloaded the zip file it gives youNext,(3) i opened the NitroSenseV3.1 folder and opened the dependencies and clicked and installed each file in the x64 folder(the last file did say that i have the latest version so i didn't install that one. Then (4)i opened the app settings and tried to repair it, reset it, and then terminate it all to no avail(Now this is what triggered it to work i believe, however, maybe you should try the previous steps just in case. Doesn't hurt) then (5)i went back to the Nitro Sense download folder and clicked on the Setup.exe and installed itSuddenly, my fans (which have been on high ever since the app stopped working) turned off and i was able to open it and it worked normally.

I hope this helped. I was searching for an answer and ultimately had to just test things for myself.
  • gmaharan1991
    gmaharan1991 Member Posts: 2 New User
    sheady said:
    What i did after having the same exact problem. I'll put numbers to point directly to steps:

(1)I uninstalled it via control panel, then, (2)i went to the Acer site and downloaded the zip file it gives youNext,(3) i opened the NitroSenseV3.1 folder and opened the dependencies and clicked and installed each file in the x64 folder(the last file did say that i have the latest version so i didn't install that one. Then (4)i opened the app settings and tried to repair it, reset it, and then terminate it all to no avail(Now this is what triggered it to work i believe, however, maybe you should try the previous steps just in case. Doesn't hurt) then (5)i went back to the Nitro Sense download folder and clicked on the Setup.exe and installed itSuddenly, my fans (which have been on high ever since the app stopped working) turned off and i was able to open it and it worked normally.

I hope this helped. I was searching for an answer and ultimately had to just test things for myself.
    Hi Sheady,

Thanks for the steps. However the 4th point is not clear. Need to know which app settings you opened and for which app.
  • gmaharan1991
    gmaharan1991 Member Posts: 2 New User
    sheady said:

Hi Sheady,

Thanks for the steps. However the 4th point is not clear. Need to know which app settings you opened and for which app.
    I tried repairing, resetting and terminating the nitro sense app by going to the app settings. but it did not work for me.
  • Zeron
    Zeron Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had the same problem... in my case it seemed like the avast cleanup's feature "sleep" affected it
  • FernandoFeik
    FernandoFeik Member Posts: 1 New User
    kmg said:
    I think I found the solution. The issue seemed to be due to some performance counters. After running the following commands, the NitroSense application seemed to be able to start now. Cheers!

Works for me , Thanks¡¡¡  :3
  • Delta
    Delta Member Posts: 1 New User
    If the uninstalling and reinstalling did not work, then try updating windows through this link. I have done it and my NitroSense is completely restored.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  • Poull
    Poull Member Posts: 2 New User
    kmg said:
    I think I found the solution. The issue seemed to be due to some performance counters. After running the following commands, the NitroSense application seemed to be able to start now. Cheers!

Thank you so much for the solution!!! You,'re great :)
  • Elitefox97
    Elitefox97 Member Posts: 1 New User
    kmg said:

Its work for me, thanks a lot dude. I've been looking for the method around 2 months ago ^^
  • RareZomie
    RareZomie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    imutant99 said:
    I solved it.
    1. Find your drivers on the Acer site.
    2. Click application column, download the app
    3.0 Don't run any other file, run setup.exe ( might be inside any sub-folder )
    3.1 in first run it will remove existing files
    3.2 finish & run again to install the files
    4. There will be a file of type APPXBUNDLE FILE run it ( therest only 1 file of this type in whole package )
    4.1 internet connection is required here, else there will be errors like files not found ( this is the main error )
    4.2 windows will ask whether app should be allowed, allow it.
    Congo, u just install it.
    Thanks. Works now. Plz follow this guide to get it working.
                ~Rare
  • nahom
    nahom Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem just uninstall any anti virus except windows defender. that's how I solved it
  • cbulluck
    cbulluck Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yeah was working just fine and followed all the steps and still have flashing Nitrosense screen...…. reinstalled and using the v3.1
    Help B4 I call this thing garbage.
  • arnheckman
    arnheckman Member Posts: 1 New User
    I can tell that it is better now but still has the problem with wifi...

Cannaline

• mishimi
    mishimi Member Posts: 4 New User
    MalQy said:
    Hi guys I found a fix that works for me....you need to run every highlighted application in installed nitrosense folder and then go to folder that you downloaded from acer site with setup files and run this appxbundle file....see attachments :) hope it will work for you 
    Thank you so much! This one worked for me! I am able to run it properly again! Cheers!
  • dionysien
    dionysien Member Posts: 4 New User
    I had the same problem. Here's what got me solved:-
    1)Uninstalled both acer nitrosense app and acer nitro sense service
    2)Reboot
    3)Download latest Nitro sense drivers from support page
    4)Run setup.exe first. It will install only acer nitrosense services.
    5)go to the folder "v3.01.3000" found in the same drivers folder and first install all appx named ".NET native Framework" and "VCLibs" [both x64 and x86]
    6)One or more apps will fail giving errors like "the resources which it modifies are currently in use". Ignore it.
    7)Now install the last one 'APPXBUNDLE" type. [be sure to tick "launch when ready"]
    Now NitroSense should open perfectly. If not try again after a reboot.
    I know it sounds stupid but how do i reboot my laptop?
  • dionysien
    dionysien Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    kmg said:

I freaking love you man. This worked for me!!
This discussion has been closed.