huge bug on acer nitro5 bios 1.22(keyboard light turning off after 30 secs)

todythedoby
todythedoby Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Please fix this annoying bug .1.19 was fine as soon as i upgraded to 1.22 this thing happened...pls fix it asap...thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• todythedoby

Tinkerer

yes true......you can also downgrade your bios to 1.19 by simply editing the temp file and set the check_bios_flag to zero(i did it).
    But I really hope they fix it asap....it does not seem like a huge bug..easily fixable i guess
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    This is a known bug in 1.11 for the Ryzen models too. Acer are aware, but apparently can't find fault in their software. They want me to send them my laptop for a week or 2 without a replacement so they can try and diagnose it...

How to revert back:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555065/acer-bios-driver-1-11-makes-the-keyboard-backlight-turn-off-even-when-the-ac-is-plugged-in-an515-42
  • RishiKumar
    RishiKumar Member Posts: 4 New User
    Please fix this annoying bug .1.19 was fine as soon as i upgraded to 1.22 this thing happened...pls fix it asap...thanks
    I can also confirm this annoying problem on my pc. Acer, request you to immidiately fix this, give us control on this. What's the function F9 shortcut for? That is useless now.
  • todythedoby

Tinkerer

AMDKilla said:
    This is a known bug in 1.11 for the Ryzen models too. Acer are aware, but apparently can't find fault in their software. They want me to send them my laptop for a week or 2 without a replacement so they can try and diagnose it...

How to revert back:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555065/acer-bios-driver-1-11-makes-the-keyboard-backlight-turn-off-even-when-the-ac-is-plugged-in-an515-42
    so how are they going to fix this bug assuming you give your laptop to service center without downgrading bios(which can be done by yourself sitting at home!!!) is beyond my thinking.some guy was saying it's a new 'feature' they added with the update LUL
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla said:

How to revert back:

so how are they going to fix this bug assuming you give your laptop to service center without downgrading bios(which can be done by yourself sitting at home!!!) is beyond my thinking.some guy was saying it's a new 'feature' they added with the update LUL
    I have emailed them again to explain its now affecting other models with different BIOS's. If I wanted to, I could go back to the retailer and either demand a replacement while mine is sent back to Acer for testing, or to just get my money back. The way for Acer to fix this is to not only fix the bug, but to give us the option to control the timeout.
  • soulvoid86
    soulvoid86 Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited December 2018
    Wanted to chime in that I did the same thing. Updated my BIOS as a troubleshooting step for another issue, and noticed this! I do not like it! Please revert this back Acer. It's nice in battery mode, but if I want it off on AC, I'll turn it off. Or at least make it a configurable option in BIOS.
  • todythedoby

Tinkerer

i dont know if they see this forum or not.here in UK i sent them an email and they told me retry the bios upgrade...so basically they are saying there is no solution?
  • AMDKilla
    i dont know if they see this forum or not.here in UK i sent them an email and they told me retry the bios upgrade...so basically they are saying there is no solution?
    You would think they would realise it was a bigger problem when other laptops are starting to get the same problem with different BIOS revisions. Someone changed something for sure...
  • todythedoby

Tinkerer

i already saw that helios and other models having some problems with the latest bios.i think acer is trolling and thinking it is funny LOL
  • jGecko
    jGecko Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

As far as I'm concerned, the keyboard LED backlighting should ALWAYS be under 100% user control. I'm frustrated when fumbling around in the dark to find a "safe" key (or even the touchpad) to press to turn the LEDs back on after they turn-off in battery mode. At the very least if possible they should keep at least one key lit that when pressed once would re-enable all the LEDs...safely, and without interacting with a running program. I can't believe modern low-current LEDs with PWM control circuitry consume so much power they make a significant difference in battery life when compared to all the other running hardware devices. User control should also include the ability to specify LED behavior under the "low battery" threshold (currently 20%, I think).
  • todythedoby

Tinkerer

my point is if this useless feature was included in bios 1.22 why not say it in the patch note?next time our pc will shut down every five minutes with a new bios and they are prolly going to say oh it's a new feature?
    stop trolling acer and be transparent 
  • AMDKilla
    my point is if this useless feature was included in bios 1.22 why not say it in the patch note?next time our pc will shut down every five minutes with a new bios and they are prolly going to say oh it's a new feature?
    stop trolling acer and be transparent 
    Someone in the first thread about this issue tried to claim that Acer's customer support said it was a new feature. Proven otherwise by their technical support knowing nothing about it as like you say, it wasn't in the patch notes. Technical support said they didn't find anything that would cause this, but if their research was limited to checking the patch notes, no wonder they didn't find anything.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2019

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

Note: This thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,

Acer-Manny

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi all,

I have been informed that the backlight functionality for On Battery Power or AC Adapter Power has been change to do the same (always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke), i understand that their's been reports and comments in the community that you're not happy with this update and therefore we are forwarding this message to our design/engineering team for feedback.

Update it article: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    edited April 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi all,

An "Keyboard Lighting Timeout" option will be added to the BIOS menu in a future update version 1.25 & 1.13, this will allow users to Disable the option to have the Keyboard Backlight on at all times when on AC power only, if the unit is on Battery power, it will work as intended (30 sec. timeout). 

BIOS updates available for download Drivers&Manual official page
    I want to follow up and inform that the BIOS updates versions are available: 

Model

BIOS v.

Date

Download Link

Aspire T7000

2019/03/20

Download

Aspire A715-72G

2019/03/20

Download

Predator PH315-51

2019/03/20