Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Nitro AN515-52 Backlit Keyboard auto-off when I am using my laptop with AC Adapter

nikodennyqkxnikodennyqkx Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I just updated my laptop BIOS from 1.19 to 1.22 today and now my laptop backlit keyboard have timeout when i use my laptop with AC adapter. I want my backlit keyboard to stay ON when i am using laptop with AC Adapter Is there a bug in the BIOS version 1.22?  Please help, thanks.

Best Answer

• Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Posts: 3,093 Acer Crew
    edited January 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

NoteThis thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,

Acer-Manny

FAQ & Answers

• kenzietorynkenzietoryn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have just updated the bios on my predator helios 300 and now have the same issue
  • AMDKillaAMDKilla Member Posts: 55 Devotee
    This is a confirmed bug in BIOS revision 1.11 for the Ryzen models. Acer are aware, but claim it's not a problem with their code in the BIOS update. You can fix it by reverting to the previous version of the BIOS. You can follow the guide in this thread here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555065/acer-bios-driver-1-11-makes-the-keyboard-backlight-turn-off-even-when-the-ac-is-plugged-in-an515-42
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Acer Crew Posts: 3,093 Acer Crew
    edited January 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

NoteThis thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online251

Basil_ar
Basil_ar
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
GAMING6698
GAMING6698
harshgupta718
harshgupta718
MarcIT
MarcIT
michaeldahle
michaeldahle
nandax
nandax
Richard91
Richard91
Sarang
Sarang
YrbkMgr
YrbkMgr
+241 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.
On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 2949

Total Points:5087

Total Accepted Answers: 254

GAMING6698 Mainframe Wrangler