Swift 1 keeps freezing up

Options

Answers

• Vitor469854
    Vitor469854 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Maekes said:
    A user in an other forum reported the same issue. He recomend to install the Audio driver from  the acer Support page. I will try it. 
    Maybe you could give feedback if this helps solving the problem on your device. 

Driver Downloadpage: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7211?b=1
    This has been working for me so far.
    Same here.
  • Grachtel
    Grachtel Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have exactly the same Problem. My Laptop is 6 months old. Reinstalled Fresh Windows 10 and Audio Driver. But it doesnt work. I Need help.
  • egarvin538
    egarvin538 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello, I have the same problem of total freezing which has just started in the last 2 weeks or so. It happened just now when I was charging and watching Youtube. I have had my laptop about 5 months and I am otherwise very pleased with it. 
  • seriunen
    seriunen Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Here same in Germany...-.- Im quite mad about that, it ran perfectly and since the last update like mentioned by the other users here, there is sth that totally crashed. I kind of suppose that the problem doesn't even bother acer at all.
  • adam63
    adam63 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem here in Mexico. Come on, Acer, get with the program and fix this!
  • Oo
    Oo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I got the same problem of freezing when watch YouTube while charging
  • JuliettePpnl
    JuliettePpnl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have the same problem (I'm from France). I bought my laptop 3 weeks ago and last saturday, it started freezing (it only occured while the laptop was in charge).
    I reset my computer sunday evening, and I just called Acer technical support. The guy told me to deactivate all the windows updates and that Acer will take care of the problem...
    Does anyone has other info ?? :anguished:
  • Manolo2850
    Manolo2850 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same problem(s). MIne freezes and then restarts itself.  My laptop is about eight months old and this is the first time it's given me any problem. Seems to only happen if the laptop is idle for a few minutes. Chatted with a so called Acer tech and without explanation she said I had to do a factory reset. Which means I'd have to back up all my files and reload all the programs I've installed.  That's the lamest fix I've ever heard of. This is my first Acer and if they can't come up with a patch for this problem it will definitely be my last.
  • mikefoxtrot
    mikefoxtrot Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Same problem here, Italy, brand new swift 1 after some idle time, the laptop freeze, updated to the latest Acer audio drivers as suggested with no results. Need an urgent fix. The problem is not "solved" as stated on thread description. 
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Elianarods ,@Iris2510 ,@Grachtel , @mikefoxtrot@Manolo2850 @JuliettePpnl have you tried the suggestions made by @Maekes

If not please try the below steps

A user in an other forum reported the same issue. He recommend to install the Audio driver from  the acer Support page. I will try it. 

Driver Downloadpage: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7211?b=1 

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • mikefoxtrot

Tinkerer

Options
    Rudy21 said:
    @Elianarods ,@Iris2510 ,@Grachtel , @mikefoxtrot@Manolo2850 @JuliettePpnl have you tried the suggestions made by @Maekes

If not please try the below steps

A user in an other forum reported the same issue. He recommend to install the Audio driver from  the acer Support page. I will try it. 

Already done, still freezing after some idle time period (only happens while recharging)
    Thanks for your help anyway
  • Oo

Tinkerer

Options
    My problem of Swift 1 freezing has been solved by re-installation windows in Acer Care Center. The critical is Don't Up-date Windows in Windows Setting. 
  • mikefoxtrot

Tinkerer

Options
    Oo said:
    My problem of Swift 1 freezing has been solved by re-installation windows in Acer Care Center. The critical is Don't Up-date Windows in Windows Setting. 
    So I need to reinstall windows and block windows updates? 
    Anybody found a better solution (or fix from acer) out there?
    Thanks for your suggestion anyway
  • Nancy099
    Nancy099 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi. I have the same problem. It freezes whilst charging. On battery it works fine. 
    I am having the same issue.  Unplugged it and it hasn’t frozen up once yet. This is ridiculous. We need an update to fix the bug  
  • mucky
    mucky Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem for a while now so I made some tests about the problem only occuring while watching youtube, netflix etc. I found out that it has northing to do with watching videos or running apps but more with moving the mouse. If you are plugged in to the power supply and keep moving the mouse around everything works fine, but as soon as you stop using your computer for typing clicking etc it freezes. Dunno if this helps or not but maybe someone can figure out something with this information.
    p.s sorry for my english I am German
    cheers
  • Manith
    Manith Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am currently working on a Swift sf113-31 having the same freezing issues. It doesn't matter if it was plugged in or not it would still freeze. It seems to happen super quick in the photo's app.  I have done a fresh install of Win 10 1809 and the freezing continued after updating. I have tried that audio driver but it didn't help at all.

I believe the issue is with the Intel video driver since Intel put all their drivers through Windows Update last month. Rolling back the driver to the Windows Basic Display Adapter has stopped the freezing for this computer. I am next going to test Intel's now "legacy" drivers to see if they perform better since the Windows Basic driver is a bit laggy on this machine. I'll report back with what I find.
  • mikefoxtrot

Tinkerer

Options
    Manith said:
    I am currently working on a Swift sf113-31 having the same freezing issues. It doesn't matter if it was plugged in or not it would still freeze. It seems to happen super quick in the photo's app.  I have done a fresh install of Win 10 1809 and the freezing continued after updating. I have tried that audio driver but it didn't help at all.

I believe the issue is with the Intel video driver since Intel put all their drivers through Windows Update last month. Rolling back the driver to the Windows Basic Display Adapter has stopped the freezing for this computer. I am next going to test Intel's now "legacy" drivers to see if they perform better since the Windows Basic driver is a bit laggy on this machine. I'll report back with what I find.
    I think you're right, I'm testing an intel video drivers (not the latest cause the latest intel's drivers downloaded from official page are not installing, it reports that user needs to use manufacturer's custom drivers) , if someone wanna try (I'm testing right now and no freezing so far) please use usual precautions (backup etc...) and please report back findings

Link: https://mega.nz/#!WwYxmKjB!J4hU79dJe3kL3aUqpKvugl021bkXc29ZzB5TxnCl7Mg
  • Manith
    Manith Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm using Intel's 15.47 version of the Intel driver and it's working great now. Video playback and the Photo's app are working with no issues again. Here is a link to the driver I'm using for Windows 10 x64:

Essentially this should be the driver right before the Windows Update integration with Intel drivers. Make sure you disable Windows from installing driver updates if you use this solution. (Windows key + R, then type in "sysdm.cpl" without quotes then click okay, click on the hardware tab, click on "Device installation Settings", click "no", then click "save changes" and if UAC prompts you to make changes click yes")

• Oo

Tinkerer

Options
    Manith said:

I think you're right, I'm testing an intel video drivers (not the latest cause the latest intel's drivers downloaded from official page are not installing, it reports that user needs to use manufacturer's custom drivers) , if someone wanna try (I'm testing right now and no freezing so far) please use usual precautions (backup etc...) and please report back findings

Link: https://mega.nz/#!WwYxmKjB!J4hU79dJe3kL3aUqpKvugl021bkXc29ZzB5TxnCl7MgI
    It works on my Swift sf113-31. I'm from Hong Kong
  • mikefoxtrot

Tinkerer

edited December 2018
    Options
    Oo said:
    Manith said:

Link: https://mega.nz/#!WwYxmKjB!J4hU79dJe3kL3aUqpKvugl021bkXc29ZzB5TxnCl7MgI
    It works on my Swift sf113-31. I'm from Hong Kong
    Thanks for reporting back, so I think that Manith found the freezing reason. I'm now testing the drivers he posted finding it perfectly working, mine (although seems to be more recent) posted on mega, has some screen flickering isuue while charging (don't know if my eyes are kidding me or it's for real) . Now I suppose we need to wait a definitive fix for the windows 10 embedded drivers (or block device updates).
    Thanks to Manith guiding me to a solution and posting the drivers and to Oo for reporting back.
    M.
This discussion has been closed.