Swift 1 keeps freezing up

PithyProlix
PithyProlix Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

My Swift 1 keeps freezing up every few minutes. It's inconsistent but it seems more likely to freeze up when playing a Youtube video. I have run the Passmark memory test and it found no problems.

Not sure what to do next. Help, please. :)

Best Answers

• Maekes
    Maekes Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    A user in an other forum reported the same issue. He recomend to install the Audio driver from  the acer Support page. I will try it. 
    Maybe you could give feedback if this helps solving the problem on your device. 

Driver Downloadpage: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7211?b=1
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi all,

VGA Driver v.25.20.100.6446 should resolve the issues with hang up, freezing or BSOD for SF113-31 (Swift 1) models. 

Note: We will be closing this thread with this post as the official solution.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

Answers

• PithyProlix
    Sorry, I should have added that it has Windows 10 (already installed when purchased), with all current updates. Also the Acer Care Center application indicates that the system is up to date with updates.
  • Elianarods
    Elianarods Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey did you find a solution yet ? I’m having the same problem 
  • PithyProlix
    Hey did you find a solution yet ? I’m having the same problem 
    No, have not found anything. Please let me know if you find anything.
  • Casparw
    Casparw Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer Swift 1 has been having the exact same problem since yesterday! My laptop freezes if I do anything more than simple browsing. I keep having to reboot it. Please help me out if you find a solution. 
  • Vitor469854
    Vitor469854 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi. I have the same problem. It freezes whilst charging. On battery it works fine. 
  • RERVIN
    RERVIN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue over here. My Swift worked perfectly fine until about three days ago and now anytime I try to watch a video my Laptop freezes. Its done so consecutively through Youtube, netflix, crunchyroll, ect. Essentially the only thing I can do is basic web browsing. So far I've run through the command code, scanned, checked the ACER care center to make sure its up to date, deleted and redownloaded the updates and completely reinstalled windows yet its still freezing. The only thing I can think of at this point is that there may be a corrupted file within the latest update for the video drive.
  • PithyProlix
    RERVIN said:
    Same issue over here. My Swift worked perfectly fine until about three days ago and now anytime I try to watch a video my Laptop freezes. Its done so consecutively through Youtube, netflix, crunchyroll, ect. Essentially the only thing I can do is basic web browsing. So far I've run through the command code, scanned, checked the ACER care center to make sure its up to date, deleted and redownloaded the updates and completely reinstalled windows yet its still freezing. The only thing I can think of at this point is that there may be a corrupted file within the latest update for the video drive.
    Mine certainly locks up during videos but also locks up at other times. 

Did you try updating the BIOS? I updated mine from v1.06 to the latest (v1.13) last night. I will report back after using it for a while.
  • PithyProlix

Did you try updating the BIOS? I updated mine from v1.06 to the latest (v1.13) last night. I will report back after using it for a while.
    BIOS update did not help - still locking up.
  • yoclb
    yoclb Member Posts: 1 New User
    I report the same issue. I don't have any solution. All my updates are goods, no virus, everything clear and i've the same issue. Waiting for a solution guys
  • Matt_33000
    Matt_33000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, same problem ! My Swift 1 freeze when i watching videos on YouTube and when i charging my computer...
  • Maekes
    I think this is a bigger problem. My Swift 1 is doing the same thing, in the same Situations, for a few days. I've been thinking about overheating or other hardware damage, but when I see how many people here have the same problem, it might be due to the software. Acer should comment on that...
  • PithyProlix
    OK, now Windows keeps restarting itself on my system. I haven't installed or done anything unusual to my system.

Come on, Acer support - where are you?! This is frustrating.
  • Lennert
    Lennert Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been having the same problem since the last update, my Acer keeps freezing, eventually restarting itself. It has happened five times the last week (never before), and the last two times the charger was plugged in and I was listening to music on youtube in the background. If there is no fix in the next couple of days I will try to uninstall the most recent updates.
  • Maekes
    Answer ✓
    A user in an other forum reported the same issue. He recomend to install the Audio driver from  the acer Support page. I will try it. 

Driver Downloadpage: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7211?b=1
  • Sjorshil
    Sjorshil Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same here, freezes every 15 minutes..... I don't think all these hard resets are good for my SSD either?
  • philster
    philster Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same problem for me. Started on sunday the 18th of November (i think). 
    The laptop freezes whenever i play a Youtube video. Usually happens after about 10-15 minutes.
    I've tried a system recovery, which didn't fix the problem. 
    Now my laptop doesn't boot correctly/keeps restarting and showing blue screens.
  • philster
    philster Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any progress on fixing this?
  • Maekes
    philster said:
    Any progress on fixing this?
    Maekes said:

• Iris2510
    Iris2510 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem here, kind of done with it. I tried the things mentioned above, but nothing works. Are there other things i can try, or did someone allready found a solution?
  • PithyProlix
    Maekes said:

This has been working for me so far.
This discussion has been closed.