Acer Aspire E5-573G-51M2 - Camera not working

Diamar
Diamar Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2019 in Aspire Laptops
After install new win 10 , my cam stopped working with many errors changes after each try to configure it although i couldn't find camera driver itself on acer manual drivers

anyway my cam doesnt work giving error "media capture failed event" error . i tried every possible soultion found on internet nothing work with me 

my lap model is 

Aspire E5-573G-51M2

any suggestion i need help please :( 

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Diamar,

To check camera privacy settings:

1) Click Start

2) Click settings

3) In search box in upper right, type "webcam"

4) Click "Webcam privacy settings"

5) Check that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is On

If it's on, check out this troubleshooting document and see if you can resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-pc-cameras

To run a DxDiag Report:

1. Press Window + R key

2. Type "DxDiag"

3. Let the tool run, once progress bar on left completes, click "Save All Information"

4. Save that file somewhere you can find it easily.

5. Double click the saved DxDiag file, it should open in Notepad

6. Copy the top section "System Information" and paste into a reply on this thread

7. Press Ctrl-F and in find dialog, type "Video Capture Devices"

8. Please copy and paste the information contained under the "Video Capture Devices" section to this thread.

"Hit like if its Helpful to you"
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Diamar 
    The cause might be antivirus software that’s blocking the webcam or camera, an outdated webcam driver, or your privacy settings.  Please try the below mentioned steps to fix the issue : 
    >>>Check your privacy settings
    If you recently updated Windows 10, you may need to give apps permission to use the camera. This is because in newer versions of Windows 10, some apps don’t have default access to the camera. To let apps access the camera, select the Start  button, and then select Settings  > Privacy > Camera. Then turn on Allow apps to access your camera. After allowing access to the camera, you can choose which apps can access it under Choose which apps can access your camera.

>>>Check for an outdated webcam driver
    Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the search results.
    Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select Properties.
    Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 10 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
    If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

>>>Roll back your webcam driver
    In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
    Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
    After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

>>>Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes
    In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
    Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall > Delete the driver software for this device, and then select OK.
    In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your device, and then try opening the Camera app again.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Diamar
    Hi , i have tried first steps but didn't work .. even new windows didn't help me 

i made Run command and i got this 

System Information
    ------------------
          Time of this report: 9/5/2018, 01:09:30
                 Machine name: DESKTOP-A2I1IL6
                   Machine Id: {209B19E5-337D-4D8F-ADF5-4317EB311707}
             Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                     Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
          System Manufacturer: Acer
                 System Model: Aspire E5-573G
                         BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 05.04.45V1.13 (type: BIOS)
                    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
                       Memory: 6144MB RAM
          Available OS Memory: 6064MB RAM
                    Page File: 4026MB used, 3831MB available
                  Windows Dir: C:\Windows
              DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          DX Setup Parameters: Not found
             User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
           System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
              DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                     Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
               DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

about Ctrl +F i donno where to type this but i typed in This PC and tried to search System Information and was no items match your search 

i took ss to device manager too 

Thank you for reply 

• Diamar
    i checked privacy setting and it is on 

i tried to update driver by all possible ways  either online ones then manual ones but still have same driver like what i showed in previous reply in screen shot . 

i also made rollback to my cam and uninstall it and scan for changes restarted lap still same issue with same error ,

i deleted driver and again let windows install it nothing help ,

tried search driver update through windows update same error ,

i tried to move lap led may be wire problem still same issue ,

i tried troubleshooting for windows store and hardware ones again nothing helped me for week now .

Thank you for reply because i really need any help 
  • Diamar
    any other help ?
  • britad
    britad Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just got an acer laptop with windows 10. My camera is not working. Not a webcam attachment, the one built into the laptop. Any updates?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Britad, we're going to need more info on which Acer you have.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Isabella_L
    Isabella_L Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, same problem as britad apparently. Just bought an Acer Swift 3 SF314-54. I noticed through Skype that the system can't finding the camera. All the privacy settings seem ok, I have no antivirus apart from Windows Defender. The very strange thing is that I cannot find the camera at all in device manager.

Translation for the pic is: "It's not possible to find the camera. Be sure that it is connected and installed, that it isn't blocked by antivirus softwares and that the drivers are up to date."

I'm starting to think that the little camera hole I see above the screen is empty...
  • billsey
    Hi Isabella, there certainly should be a camera in there! :) Does Device Manager complain about any unknown devices? If not try turning show hidden devices on to see if it's there. If not then it's likely a hardware problem with either the camera or one of the cables that go around the display and connect to the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • francismench
    francismench Member Posts: 2 New User
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi Diamar,

To check camera privacy settings:

1) Click Start

2) Click settings

3) In search box in upper right, type "webcam"

4) Click "Webcam privacy settings"

5) Check that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is On

If it's on, check out this troubleshooting document and see if you can resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-pc-cameras

To run a DxDiag Report:

1. Press Window + R key

2. Type "DxDiag"

3. Let the tool run, once progress bar on left completes, click "Save All Information"

4. Save that file somewhere you can find it easily.

5. Double click the saved DxDiag file, it should open in Notepad

6. Copy the top section "System Information" and paste into a reply on this thread

7. Press Ctrl-F and in find dialog, type "Video Capture Devices"

8. Please copy and paste the information contained under the "Video Capture Devices" section to this thread.

"Hit like if its Helpful to you"

• francismench
    francismench Member Posts: 2 New User
    Video Capture Devices
    Number of Devices: 0
  • Caitlin206
    Caitlin206 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello
    I have an ACER Aspire F5-571-320G, circa 2 years old.
    Camera stopped working, so cannot use Skype, Zoom, etc. Have tried app permissions and firewall. All are ok. running DxDiag the system information shows me: 
    Video Capture Devices

Acer - please respond as many of us have the same problem and you are not providing the solution. Where/ how can we reinstall video capture devices?

frustrated user :(
  • billsey
    Acer - please respond as many of us have the same problem and you are not providing the solution. Where/ how can we reinstall video capture devices?
    Remember this is a community support board, if you need a response directly from Acer you have to contact their support department.
    Does Device Manager show the camera?
  • jamesfarrell
    jamesfarrell Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey i recently aquired an aspire 3 second hand from best buy with the guarentee that everything was in tip top shape. i havent been able to use the camera at all and cant find it in device manager settings. i have worked through every troubleshooting option on windows heelp and gone through their get help options and youtube video suggestions and nothing has worked so far.

System Information
    ------------------
          Time of this report: 1/21/2020, 18:57:25
                 Machine name: LAPTOP-FJ158MR3
                   Machine Id: {E19BF151-A407-4C71-8FCA-FA262191E5AD}
             Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                 System Model: Aspire A315-22
                         BIOS: V1.04 (type: UEFI)
                    Processor: AMD A9-9420e RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G   (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
                       Memory: 8192MB RAM
          Available OS Memory: 7582MB RAM
                    Page File: 5090MB used, 3707MB available
                  Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
             User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
           System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
              DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
     DirectX Database Version: Unknown
               DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Video Capture Devices
    ---------------------
  • Banjoman
    Banjoman Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem as Caitlin206. I get the same message (but in English). I have gone through all the recommended steps, to no avail. In device manager is show no camera or webcam, so I can't delete it and reload it. It worked at one time, but it hasn't worked for a while. I need to be able to Skype with my 100 year old mother who is under house arrest at her nursing home due to the Corona virus. Can any one help? Thanks!
  • RobK
    RobK Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm having a similar problem with the camera.
    - Settings: all apps are able to use it
    - Bitdefender: no restrictions, just a warning
    - Device Manager: USB Boot working properly, latest driver already installed. Also thrown away and re-install by rebooting.
    - Camera app: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x80070018)
    - Windows Hello: We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face
    - DxDiag (nice feature, thanks!): Everything looks fine to me!?
    Thanks for any help!

---------------------
    Video Capture Devices
    Number of Devices: 1
    ---------------------
               FriendlyName: USB Boot
                   Category: Camera
               SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_0bda&pid_5846&mi_00#6&18d0fbe5&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global
                   Rotation: 0
               Manufacturer: Microsoft
                 HardwareID: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5846&REV_0101&MI_00,USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5846&MI_00
                 DriverDesc: USB Video Device
             DriverProvider: Microsoft
              DriverVersion: 10.0.18362.693
          DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00
        DriverDateLocalized: 21-06-06 00:00:00
                    Service: usbvideo
                      Class: Camera
              DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
                ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}
                ProblemCode: No Problem
      BusReportedDeviceDesc: USB Boot
                     Parent: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5846\2012
          DriverProblemDesc: n/a
               UpperFilters: n/a
               LowerFilters: WdmCompanionFilter
                      Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\ACPI,\Driver\usbccgp
          ContainerCategory: n/a
              SensorGroupID: n/a
                       MFT0: n/a
                       DMFT: n/a
        CustomCaptureSource: n/a
      DependentStillCapture: n/a
         EnablePlatformDMFT: n/a
                  DMFTChain: n/a
     EnableDshowRedirection: n/a
         FrameServerEnabled: n/a
            AnalogProviders: n/a
                 ProfileIDs: n/a
  • SP79
    SP79 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have also had the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I don't understand how I have a camera but my computer has no idea that it is there. I cannot find it in my device manager and am getting the same pop up message as the above users. I have wasted so much time trying to figure this out. Please tell us how we can fix this problem. 
    thank you

System Information
    ------------------
          Time of this report: 3/21/2020, 13:26:44
                 Machine name: LAPTOP-HBAHRNP4
                   Machine Id: {9C7B209D-DFCC-485E-A053-B6099F4EDE40}
             Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                 System Model: Aspire E5-573G
                         BIOS: V1.25 (type: UEFI)
                    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
                       Memory: 8192MB RAM
          Available OS Memory: 8106MB RAM
                    Page File: 6270MB used, 4779MB available
                  Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
             User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
           System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
              DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
     DirectX Database Version: 1.1.3
               DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

• Ronnie007
    Ronnie007 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have Acer Spin 5 SP513-52N-85LZ laptop. My camera and microphone both never worked. Camera doesn't show up on device manager. after opening camera app it errors out with 0xA00F4244. Microphone - realtec does show up device manager but doesn't work. Please help
  • Jooles
    Jooles Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have exactly the same problem with desktop Aspire C24-865. No camera shown - even when showing hidden.  I have tried scanning for new hardware and re-starting. No change.  I have looked on the Acer website for drivers - but none for cameras. Where is the camera hiding?  I have emailed Acer, but no reply as yet.  Has anyone solved this yet? Thanks,  Julie
  • Recker
    Recker Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am facing the exact same issue. My model is Aspire V15 - V3-572G-587W.
    Here is my DxDiag info of Video Capture Devices. I have also attached the DxDiag file in this message.
    <div>---------------------</div><div>Video Capture Devices</div><div>Number of Devices: 1</div><div>---------------------</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;FriendlyName: HD WebCam</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Category: Camera</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_04f2&pid_b469&mi_00#7&119bc41d&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Location: Front</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Rotation: 0</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Manufacturer: Microsoft</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;HardwareID: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B469&REV_2857&MI_00,USB\VID_04F2&PID_B469&MI_00</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;DriverDesc: USB Video Device</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;DriverProvider: Microsoft</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; DriverVersion: 10.0.18362.693</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; DriverDateLocalized: 21-06-2006 12.00.00 AM</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Service: usbvideo</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Class: Camera</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ProblemCode: No Problem</div><div>&nbsp; BusReportedDeviceDesc: HD WebCam</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Parent: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B469\6&3361a02a&0&7</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; DriverProblemDesc: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;UpperFilters: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;LowerFilters: WdmCompanionFilter</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Stack: \FileSystem\KLIF,\Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\ACPI,\Driver\usbccgp</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ContainerCategory: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; SensorGroupID: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;MFT0: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;DMFT: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; CustomCaptureSource: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; DependentStillCapture: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;EnablePlatformDMFT: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; DMFTChain: n/a</div><div>&nbsp;EnableDshowRedirection: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;FrameServerEnabled: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; AnalogProviders: n/a</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;ProfileIDs: n/a</div><div></div>
    In a times like these when working from home is a necessity/norm and webcams are essential, I wonder why only Acer laptops are facing this issue. 

Camera app crashes with "NoAttachedCamera" and "ActiveCameraUplugged" error. I would have agreed with this error if I had accidentally dropped my laptop. But that has NOT happened at all. I have been very careful in handling this expensive piece of hardware.

Please help Acer. Please help us in fixing this.