PREDATOR SENSE NOT SHOWING GPU

JRzdouff
JRzdouff Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey everyone,
My predator sense does not show the temperature of my gpu anymore even though the gpu is actually being used. It all happened after my laptop froze and that I had to force it to stop using the power button. By the way my laptop is a predator g3-572 with all up to date updates. 

Best Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    JRzdouff said:
    Hey everyone,
    My predator sense does not show the temperature of my gpu anymore even though the gpu is actually being used. It all happened after my laptop froze and that I had to force it to stop using the power button. By the way my laptop is a predator g3-572 with all up to date updates. 

1. Disable "fast startup" under power settings.
    2. Restart.
    3. Wait for a few moments and start Predator Sense.
    If the GPU does not show, do not panic. Put the computer to sleep or hibernate, and wake it up. This will show it.

I too have a G3-572, and face this issue at times after cold starts.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • sri369
    Answer ✓
    Red-Sand said:
    sri369 said:
    2. Restart.
    If the GPU does not show, do not panic. Put the computer to sleep or hibernate, and wake it up. This will show it.

What does fast startup have to do with Predator Senses GPU monitoring?
    Fast startup does not allow clean cold startup of windows. That's why.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    As strange as it may sound... you can try force shutting down your laptop again and be sure to have any external monitor disconnected.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    Answer ✓
    JRzdouff said:
    Hey everyone,

2. Restart.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Red-Sand
    sri369 said:
    JRzdouff said:
    Hey everyone,

2. Restart.

- Hotel Hero
  • JRzdouff
    Red-Sand said:
    As strange as it may sound... you can try force shutting down your laptop again and be sure to have any external monitor disconnected.
    Thank you very much for your answer although, it did not work. 
  • Red-Sand
    JRzdouff said:
    Red-Sand said:
    Bummer.
    I do have some other suggestions though.

Try installing the Turbo Boost driver for your model from Acers driver download page.

I've seen many issues solved by this and would be curious to see if it works for you too.

Also if your using an on screen display or monitoring tool such as msi afterburner, try disabling the monitoring service and reboot.

Perhaps its overriding Predator Senses priority.
    - Hotel Hero
  • JRzdouff
    Hey guys I have tried all of your techniques and it the gpu's temperature still does not show up. Thank you for all of your answers! 
  • Red-Sand
    Have you tried reinstalling Predator Sense or the GPU driver?
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    Answer ✓
    Red-Sand said:
    sri369 said:
    2. Restart.

Fast startup does not allow clean cold startup of windows. That's why.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • JRzdouff
    Red-Sand said:
    JRzdouff said:
    Red-Sand said:
    Bummer.
    I do have some other suggestions though.

Try installing the Turbo Boost driver for your model from Acers driver download page.

I've seen many issues solved by this and would be curious to see if it works for you too.

Also if your using an on screen display or monitoring tool such as msi afterburner, try disabling the monitoring service and reboot.

Perhaps its overriding Predator Senses priority.
    I actually just installed msi afterburner and it somehow fixed my problem with the predator sense. Thank you again everyone for all your answers! 
  • Liaml42
    Liaml42 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    i have an acer predator triton 500 rtx 2060. predator sense not detecting gpu. i have a feeling that the gpu is not operating on some games such as minecraft as i have recently been getting averages of 30fps instead of 144fps as i had days before on the same settings. is it safe for me to disable intel uhd 630 graphics and force the rtx2060. i have already changed nvidia setting to prefer using nvidia high power gpu instead of integrated graphics and set all games to use rtx 2060. but i think it may not be working but am unsure as predator sense is not displaying gpu. i have also noticed the laptop puts out much less heat. which is concerning. i recently benchmarked the gpu 10 mins ago on userbenchmark which showed the gpu was in the 74.7th percentile and indicated my gpu was working at the time. now i just need help getting it to work for all my games!
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Liaml42 you cant disable the IGPU if you do so windows will crash as your display its directly connected to the IGPU windows will only work on the IGPU not in the DGPU regarding the games you have to set them up manually on nvcp to run on the DGPU some games will not pick up the preferred GPU you have to set it up manually to force it to run only on the gpu you want to also you can try this or even uninstall it and reinstalling it following these steps

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/