touchpad not working. Nitro V15 and the touch pad keeps freezing

SteveF2
SteveF2 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 18 in Nitro Gaming

I bought a Nitro V15 and the touch pad keeps freezing
I paid good money for a working laptop and this is the worst laptop I have ever owned
I am not a computer wizard and do not want to learn computer language.
The touchpad freezes all the time and i have had to revert to plugging in a mouse.Its like going back 30 years . Money money Money is all Acer cares about

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• SteveF2
    SteveF2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Wish I never wasted my money

• DarKKinG
    DarKKinG Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi SteveF2,

Below are some troubleshooting suggestions if you are having trouble with your touchpad. The steps in this article troubleshoot the built-in touchpad on a notebook computer, and not an external mouse that may be attached. Follow the suggestions below for the scenario that best describes the issues you are having.

If your cursor will not move or your touchpad is not working at all:

1. Remove connected devices - Remove all devices that are connected to the system except for the power cord. This includes external keyboard, mouse, flash drives, hard drives and other peripherals.
    2. Enable/disable your touchpad - Many systems allow you to turn the touchpad On or Off by pressing a key combination. On most models it is FN + F7 or FN + F2, but could also be a different function key. The touchpad function key will be labeled with one of the images below.
    3. Restart your computer - Restarting your system may help your touchpad start responding again.
    4. Reset BIOS or UEFI to default settings - Some systems have touchpad settings in the BIOS/UEFI.
    5. Reinstall touchpad drivers - Missing or incorrect drivers may cause your touchpad to not work properly. You can try downloading and installing the latest driver from our Acer Drivers and Manuals page. You may need to attach an external mouse to complete this process.
    6. Restore Windows- Newer versions of Windows allow you to restore your operating system without losing your personal data. Make sure you select the option to Keep my files.

If you can move your cursor but are having problems with cursor speed, erratic behavior or tapping and clicking:

1. Adjust touchpad sensitivity - If your cursor is moving too fast or too slow, you can try changing your touchpad sensitivity.
    2. Disable tap to click - Accidentally making contact with the touchpad when typing can cause the cursor to jump around or leave the window.

• radekvitk
    radekvitk Member Posts: 3 New User

Have the same problem. freezing touchpad nitro v15. update controllers,driver did not work.. have in warranty

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 600
    edited October 11

Please try to perform the methods below and check if any of the methods will fix your concern.

Method 1: Update Driver

1. Open run box by pressing Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc then hit enter
    2. Locate and expand Human Interface Devices
    3. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen and select Update driver
    4. Select Search automatically for drivers
    5. Wait for the process to complete, once completed, restart your computer and check if it resolves your issue.

Method 2: Roll-back driver

1. Open run box by pressing Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc then hit enter
    2. Locate and expand Interface Devices
    3. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen and select Update driver
    4. Select Browse my computer for drivers
    5. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    6. Select any older driver from the list and click next
    7. Wait for the process to complete, once completed, restart your computer and check if it resolves your issue.

Hope this helps.

———————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• radekvitk
    radekvitk Member Posts: 3 New User

No. I tried all that updates, rollbacks…then factory clear reinstall win11 and after many hours touchpad not working