BSOF two days after upgrading RAM on my P05-640-EB11

Options
dyenna
dyenna Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I purchased my Acer Predator Orion 5000 (P05-640-EB11) in December 2023. I bought two sticks of Corsair Vengence DDR5 16GB (5200MHz) to replace the origin RAM with. Two days after properly installing the new RAM, I was playing Call of Duty and my PC crashed and the screen went blue. I researched the error code displayed on the blue screen and it led me to believe that my RAM was most likely the issue. I was able to resolve the problem by putting back in the old RAM. I tried to reinstall the new RAM and had a friend of mine, who's far more knowledge in PC than myself, ensure that the settings in my BIOS were updated. It seems that what he could update in my BIOS was limited, unfortunately. He could not access the XMP profile. Although I haven't gotten a blue screen yet, my video game keeps crashing.

I did read some posts saying that the new sticks might be the issue, but before returning them and getting other ones, I want to ensure that the sticks I got are indeed not compatible, and that I get sticks that will work with my PC. Looking for any piece of advice that can help me resolve this issue and upgrade my RAM safely.

Many thanks in advance!

Answers