Acer Predator Triton 300 RTX 2070 Nvidia Graphics Card Driver Error code 43

ubirehman
ubirehman Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

Acer Predator Triton 300 RTX 2070 Nvidia Graphics Card Driver Error code 43

I have been using windows 10 for a while but last week I decided to install the update 21H2, updating the windows as well as NVIDIA drivers. After the update the NVIDIA drivers stopped working. Tried installing drivers from NVIDIA website as well as acer's product page and NVIDIA Geforce Experience but windows don't seem to be able to install the drivers.

For the time being, the window shows the driver is working fine but neither NVIDIA control panel would launch nor the graphic card appears in the task manager(performance tab) or directX diagnostic tool. As soon as I restart the laptop, the code 43 reappears again.

Contacted the NVIDIA support and was told to mention graphics card does not have an IRQ value allocated while contacting manufacture or windows.

As per my knowledge I have tried most of the solutions available online, DDU, reinstalled drivers, installed old graphics drivers,, installed drivers from acer's product page, tried different geforce experience, reinstalled windows 10 and installed windows 11 but nothing seems to be working. BIOS also seems to be fully updated.

TechPower GPUz shows graphic card but BIOS is unknown, attaching image for reference.

Also, it was originally purchased in US in 11/20 while I bought this laptop box packed in my country in 11/21. Is there anyway if I can adjust warranty period to claim the warranty or if anyone can provide estimated cost to get it repaired from acer's service center?3

Specs:

Acer Predator Triton 300

i7, 10gen

RTX 2070 Max q

Thank you

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Screenshot from device manager:

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>updating the windows as well as NVIDIA drivers>>>

Where did you get the nvidia driver? It looks like a generic nvidia driver that's not compatible with the Acer proprietary mainboard. What problem were you trying to fix by replacing the Acer driver? What is your full triton model series number? For example, PT315-54?

Jack E/NJ

• ubirehman

Titan model series number: PT315-52-73WT

Well I had geforce experience installed and it said that there is an update for the graphics card and which is why I updated the nvidia drivers from geforce experience.

Also I have tried downloading drivers from Nvidia website, from geforce experience, from acer product page and even from windows update only. I have DDU nvidia drivers and then repeated all steps but nothing to avail.

What are the chances that the GPU is bricked or dead? If it is bricked will it popup in BIOS or acer care center because it is showing up in both.

I have also tried installing ubuntu 20.04 LTS in the hope that it would make the graphic card up and running but nothing to avail. The CLI command "sudo lshw -C display" will display graphic card with UNCLAIMED while I have installed graphic card driver 515.

Running "nvidia-smi" will output NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

Is there any specific stable driver that I can try?

• JackE

>>>it said that there is an update for the graphics card>>>

>>>I have also tried installing ubuntu 20.04 LTS>>>

If "it" was an optional update, the rule-of-thumb is don't do it. Did you turn off Windows default fast startup before trying to install Linux alongside Windows? Fast boot will often complicate things even more.

I don't have the original factory installed Acer-specific driver, but you might try this Acer-specific update for the 2070 on your mainboard to see if it will remove the yellow warning in Device Manager. At this point, the yellow warning still suggests that it's only a GPU driver software issue, not necessarily a GPU hardware issue.

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_NVIDIA_27.21.14.5167_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=637612364006136093&Step1=&Step2=&Step3=PREDATOR%20PT315-52&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_26

Jack E/NJ

• ubirehman

I don't recall the driver update being optional and neither I checked. My bad.

I installed the ubuntu about 2 days ago just to be sure if it will install nvidia drivers as it would have been sufficient for me to use the laptop for work and would get it off my mind that the GPU isn't bricked or dead.

The currently installed drivers is the same as the one you shared and unfortunately the icon is still there.

• JackE

Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can pick up anything better on line.

Jack E/NJ

• ubirehman

Alright, the IObit driver booster updated bunch of drivers but still the same issue.

• JackE

At the administrative command prompt, enter 'powercfg -h off'. Then shutdown Windows normally. Wait a minute or so. Then turn the machine back on and open Device Manager again.

Jack E/NJ

• Have you tried restoring windows or reinstalling windows by pressing alt f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ubirehman
  • ubirehman

No I didn't try restoring windwos, and had installed new windows over it. When I had no luck I was suggested to delete/format all the drives so to be sure there is no registry key logged in some drive that causing the conflict and wouldn't let me install the drivers.

And the windows was installed usually by pressing f2 and not thorough alt + f10.

• ubirehman

No I didn't try to restore the windows, my bad, and had installed windows over it. When I had no luck installing the drivers I was suggested to delete/format all drives just to be sure that there are no registry keys stored in any drive that might be causing conflict for the drivers.

And the windows was installed usually by pressing f2 and not with alt + f10;

• JackE

>>>windows was installed usually by pressing f2 and not with alt + f10;>>>

Sorry, no. Tapping F2 on startup should only open the BIOS menu. Pressing & holding ALT key while tapping F10 key on startup should open factory Windows reset menu from the hidden factory Windows reset partition.

However, the factory Windows partition may no longer be accessible if you installed generic Windows with a USB stick by tapping F12 key on startup.

Jack E/NJ

• ubirehman

So Jack, what do you suggest should be my course of action?

Some also suggested to get the GPU reballed but I don't want to live in constant fear that any time it will stop working even if reballing fixes the issue.

• ubirehman

Stumbled across this screenshot from GPUz that I shared on microsoft community on September 23, and I see in windows 11, the GPUz was showing BIOS version, GPU clock, default clocks and some other fields. However the GPU didn't work back then as well and I shifted back to windows 10.

Link to post if it is of any help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-predator-triton-300-rtx-2070-nvidia-graphics/76e784f6-6dc3-4a4d-ac3d-154cfae64357

• JackE

At this point, forget about a solder re-flow.

With the D2D option enabled in the BIOS Main tab, did the ALT+F10 cold boot method fail to bring up a factory reset menu?

Jack E/NJ

• ubirehman

D2D option is enabled in BIOS however Alt + f10 dont seem to be working. Shall I try with bootable USB connected?

With no USB connected, the windows loading circle seem to stuck for a sec when pressing Alt + f10 then window boots up.

• JackE

Try setting and saving a BIOS supervisor password. Then F10 to save settings and exit. Then shutdown and re-enter the BIOS with the password and disable secure boot. Then F10 to save settings and exit again. Then shutdown again and try the ALT+F10 reset again.

Jack E/NJ

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

If Alt + F10 doesn't work, try clean installing Windows 10/11?

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • ubirehman

Hey Jack, same result, the window boots up normally.

Can I ask what we are trying to achieve here? I must say while installing the windows, I formatted the whole drive as it was one of the suggestion I so there isn't any recovery drive.

• ubirehman

Yeah I can try that but what we're trying to achieve here? If that's to get the troubleshoot screen, can't we access that from restarting the windows by holding down the shift key?