Acer Predator Triton 300 RTX 2070 Nvidia Graphics Card Driver Error code 43

Options
13»

Answers

• diacom_service
    diacom_service Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

I found vbios suitable for this model from the techpowerup website. I programmed gpu eeprom. When the laptop was first started, I saw the gpu clock mhz (1050mhz original) with the gpu-z program and the vbios version was seen. I restarted the computer and GPU-Z information disappeared again.

I have not tried video card reball. Because I directly replaced it with a graphics card (GPU chip) :D

Vram.s will never break after the update. This is a nonsensical thing. My last possibility looks like an Intel PCH chipset problem.

• ubirehman
    ubirehman Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
    Options

Had it been an Intel PCH issue, wouldn't it make the laptop not output display at all? Currently, I have been using the laptop on intel gpu so I can negate the possibility of Intel PCH being bad. But hey I am not a technician, I could be wrong.

Also, please do update me when you are able to solve the issue.

• diacom_service

Tinkerer

Options

In some cases, even if a certain part of the PCH is faulty, the laptop can work normally.
    That's why it's hard to understand. Then CPU came to my mind. If you ask why, it is because the GPU and the CPU have a connection via PCI-e. But I didn't see any problems with my measurements, they were all solid. I will write you the mods test results in a few days.

• ubirehman
    Options

Ahan sure.

I will be waiting for your reply.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,570 Trailblazer
    Options

It was never solved. Using it as it is.

Solder reflows and/or chip replacements ALWAYS high risk. Should only be considered as a last resort for a machine that is unusable to you as is.

A year ago you said >>>It was originally purchased in US and a reseller sold it to me in my country as we don't have repair center here,>>> Then I replied>>>If purchased in the US, it might be possible to get the factory installation USB stick if you can call Acer US support at 1-800-910-2237 from your location or use the chatline at if the serial number id (SNID) is still under valid warranty. You could also try contacting either the Malaysia service center or one of the Asia Pacific centers at this link to see if they can get the original installation media for you.>>>

Did you ever follow up on this? If not, the warranty has probably expired. You might still be able to get the original factory-installation USB stick but there'd be a nominal fee out of warranty. If you would like to try to order the original factory software, call 1-800-910-2237. Instructions for customers outside the US or Canada are to contact Acer Support in your region at this Maylasia link.

Jack E/NJ

• diacom_service

Tinkerer

Options

I found vbios from this site and wrote it ( https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/227846/227846 )
    then I tested with mat\mods
    and this time it stated that there was a writing error in the A0 A1 D1 VRAM banks. (test - 90.06.59.00.72 version)

later I will write this BIOS(90.06.59.00.73). I will do the same test again. Let's see which faulty VRAM will show me this time.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/226655/226655

I think it is the original VBIOS for this model -90.06.59.00.72

• diacom_service

Tinkerer

Options

wow happy ending 😍

I got results after 1 month of analysis. First let me say that this is the original VBIOS version - 90.06.59.00.72

90.06.59.00.73 - I tested VRAM with this VBIOS and 3 VRAM banks are problematic in both. writing error

Here is the result after changing D1 VRAM Bank:

• ubirehman
    Options

Thank you very much for your reply and congratulations.

From your reply, I understand that you are now using vBios: 90.06.59.00.73 and haven't done any core reballing and just replaced the memory chips. Is that correct?

• diacom_service

Tinkerer

Options

test vBios: 90.06.59.00.72 & 90.06.59.00.73

but the original 90.06.59.00.72

I will replace the other broken VRAMs and let you know.

• ubirehman
    Options

Ahan thanks. Today I tried doing nvflash but found out I am missing gpu entirely, even in BIOS now. Did some research and found the same issue over the forum and reason being bad VCC, so I am thinking of replacing it first just have to find what VCC is and then order it from aliexpress.

Is there any chance you can point VCC out whenever you are replacing memory banks?

Thanks

• JackE
    Options

I am missing gpu entirely, even in BIOS now

Might simply mean GPU not getting power. 0mV shown by PSense helps confirm. If BIOS sometimes detects GPU, then it's probably one or more loose or cracked GPU solder contacts.

Jack E/NJ

• diacom_service

Tinkerer

Options

If nvidia is detected in the device manager section, this means that the gpu_core line is normal.

For example, when I wrote a different VBIOS for testing purposes, GPU heat was not detected. So if VBIOS is wrong, GPU temp will not work properly. This does not mean that the GPU chip is defective.

• ubirehman
    Options

To clarify, the above screenshot shared is taken from the forum. The one shared below is a snapshot of my BIOS.

No it's not detected in the device manager which is why I checked BIOS, and found GPU to be unknown.

• JackE
    edited December 2023
    Options

I don't have access to the BIOS v1.09 screens for your model, But the discrete GPU is certainly detected. But its model number is simply not identified.

Was v1.09 the original factory-installed firmware? If not, do you recall what the original factory-installed version number was? Might've been asked before, but were you having the same issue with the factory version?

Jack E/NJ

• ubirehman
    Options

No, it used to be there when I was trying to fix error 43 and replace the memory bank. Never checked this when had no luck replacing the memory bank.

And I don't recall what the factory-installed firmware was.