Driver power state falure. Predator PH315-51.

Options
Outssiss
Outssiss Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi, I have a laptop Acer Predator PH315-51. GTX 1060, 16GB RAM, I5-8300h. For some time now I've been getting random BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I'm aware that this is caused when the gpu in this case, needs to "wake up" from a low power state, but it fails.
I've alreday tried, updating, going back to older drivers, installing them directly from GeFroce Experience, from the Nvidia website but the issue persists. Althoug I've discovered that I can stay at 461.72 or older safely, anything newer and it'll eventually give me the BSOD.
But I can't stay on that driver forever. Just yesterday I decided to do a full reset of windows as a last resort, but it happend again minutes ago in drivers version 466.27, the last version as of now.
I'm assuming that, well, the gpu is faulty. Don't know what else I can try to do now.
I use throttlestop because the temps on this laptop are really bad, but I doubt that has anything to do with it, beacause it only modifies the CPU, not the GPU, but anyway, here are my settings.
Minidump folder: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fhakbvt8us5fd13/Minidump.zip/file

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Outssiss,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​