ThrottleStop Undervolt Profiles Pre-Made

Red-Sand
Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
edited December 2019 in Predator Den

http: ThrottleStop Pre-Configured Setups

I've compiled a bundle of ThrottleStop configurations for various CPU types.
Each of these downloads are specific to the CPU listed and come pre-setup to optimum undervolt, Speed Shift EPP, power limits and other various tweaks.

Each setup has energy governance for while plugged in and on battery:
Profiles will automatically switch between AC and battery profiles when you plug or unplug your laptop.

Since the Nvidia GPU switches to "Powermizer" mode while on battery, the battery CPU profiles were adjusted accordingly to maintain proper performance and battery efficiency.

Note: Nothing negative can happen to your system from using these configurations. 
At worst case - Your laptop will reboot but no damage would have been done (I have yet to see this happen from my files)
These configurations can be used even if your Predator Sense has undervolting built in.

These profiles may cause certain games to lose a few FPS but drop temperatures variably between 5-20 C.

**DISCLAIMER**
While I have tested these profiles extensively, that doesn't guarantee that your system will accept it without issue.
Variables such as tweaks you've imposed yourself could cause conflicts with unknown effects.
Please proceed with caution.

How to use these files:
1. Simply download (& extract if required) the folder signatured with the same CPU you have in your system and place it in "My Documents"
2. Open the folder and run the "Throttlestop.exe" and you're done. (Yes really it's that simple)

i5-7300HQ
i7-7700HQ
i5-8300Hi7-8750Hi5-9300H (Coming Soon)
In progress (I do not have a system with this CPU at this time to test)
i7-9750H

How to set Throttlestop to auto startup at boot

Once you have tested thoroughly the Throttlestop configurations you've downloaded (And by thoroughly I mean HOURS of gaming or high productivity use) you can set Throttlestop to automatically start at system boot up by following this guide to create a task schedule. I have yet to see any issues arise from using my setups.

Example photo of Before & After Throttlestop

Let me know in the comments below your results and if you have any questions!
Enjoy!
- Hotel Hero

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    Excellent content @Red-Sand. In which version of windows 10 did you perform the tests? 1803, 1809 or 1903?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2019
    Do these changes also work with predator sense in version 3130?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    Thanks Red-Sand, this is awesomeness! .. easy to use  =)  👍

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Red-Sand
    edited September 2019
    Excellent content @Red-Sand. In which version of windows 10 did you perform the tests? 1803, 1809 or 1903?
    This will work regardless of Windows version but I've been using/testing various Throttlestop configs since 1703 on Predator laptops.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    edited September 2019
    Do these changes also work with predator sense in version 3130?
    It will work with any Predator Sense version on any model as this doesn't have any direct correlation to P-Sense. I only mentioned it because the newer laptops have undervolt built into P-Sense using XTU profiles and there are some who might think the two conflict.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Coqui13 said:
    Thanks Red-Sand, this is awesomeness! .. easy to use  =)  👍
    Thanks - Hope it helps someone be less intimidated by undervolting and gain the benefit without having to google for hours.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2019
    For sure, I will report this thread to other Red-Sand users :+1:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• terraenator
    terraenator Member Posts: 83 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Thanks Red-Sand It worked very well in games 

• Mainerunr
    Mainerunr Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Just one question....why Throttlestop instead of XTU?
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Mainerunr said:
    Just one question....why Throttlestop instead of XTU?
    XTU sometimes messes up the settings, whereas Throttlestop doesn't.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • hadarz8
    hadarz8 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:

ThrottleStop Pre-Configured Setups

I've compiled a bundle of ThrottleStop configurations for various CPU types.
    Each of these downloads are specific to the CPU listed and come pre-setup to optimum undervolt, Speed Shift EPP, power limits and other various tweaks.

Each setup has energy governance for while plugged in and on battery:
    Profiles will automatically switch between AC and battery profiles when you plug or unplug your laptop.

Since the Nvidia GPU switches to "Powermizer" mode while on battery, the battery CPU profiles were adjusted accordingly to maintain proper performance and battery efficiency.

Note: Nothing negative can happen to your system from using these configurations. 
    At worst case - Your laptop will reboot but no damage would have been done (I have yet to see this happen from my files)
    These configurations can be used even if your Predator Sense has undervolting built in.

These profiles may cause certain games to lose a few FPS but drop temperatures variably between 5-20 C.

**DISCLAIMER**
    While I have tested these profiles extensively, that doesn't guarantee that your system will accept it without issue.
    Variables such as tweaks you've imposed yourself could cause conflicts with unknown effects.
    Please proceed with caution.

How to use these files:
    1. Simply download (& extract if required) the folder signatured with the same CPU you have in your system and place it in "My Documents"
    2. Open the folder and run the "Throttlestop.exe" and you're done. (Yes really it's that simple)

i5-7300HQ
    i7-7700HQ
    i5-8300Hi7-8750Hi5-9300H (Coming Soon)
    In progress (I do not have a system with this CPU at this time to test)
    i7-9750H

How to set Throttlestop to auto startup at boot

Once you have tested thoroughly the Throttlestop configurations you've downloaded (And by thoroughly I mean HOURS of gaming or high productivity use) you can set Throttlestop to automatically start at system boot up by following this guide to create a task schedule. I have yet to see any issues arise from using my setups.

Example photo of Before & After Throttlestop

Let me know in the comments below your results and if you have any questions!
    Enjoy!

The link for setting Throttlestop to automatically start at system boot is broken. Can you fix it please?  =) 
  • engr146
    engr146 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Wow ! great improvement on 8750H no thermo throttle in  Arma3 never hit above 80 deg. Was throttleing with temp above 98 deg.before.THX engr146
  • Emdrag13
    Emdrag13 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Wait so does Throttlestop or Intel XTU play nice with Predator Sense included -1.250 undervolt?

Also please update this with improvement in the future will love you forever thanks.
  • Red-Sand
    Emdrag13 said:
    Wait so does Throttlestop or Intel XTU play nice with Predator Sense included -1.250 undervolt?

Also please update this with improvement in the future will love you forever thanks.
    XTU has a service called "XTUService" that runs as a Service in windows where Predator Sense launches XTU profiles 

So the default -0.125 is actually a XTU undervolt.

My Throttlestop values can be used without any confliction to Predator Senses Undervolt.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    @hadarz8 The link is blocked I'm not sure why but here is a link to the guide until I can snag a Acer rep to help me edit my post. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/page-453
    - Hotel Hero
  • jd63636
    jd63636 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Not sure why I get this error when when I try to launch the application.
  • jd63636
    jd63636 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thanks than fixed it  :)
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Excellent work @Red-Sand, thanks for posting this useful material  :)