Sound Lag Predator Helios 300 PH317-53

Options

Answers

• SeaJay68
    SeaJay68 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I can't do Youtube but I've supplied four Google Drive links to show the kind of thing I an experiencing (you may have to turn the volume up - I recorded this with my phone):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uu2xJPh80KRykc4rls_znswA-FNn0Eid/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JfvPtDZFTg3K8-mD9jBZ-iq9d1cIx7a0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VAOIxq_wZgs6g788DMliLP82oMjCeE3h/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ld-Y_cf_QgXEvu2hK1BxzHqudAa5XEd5/view?usp=sharing

What is more, because Acer cannot replicate the above audio lag in their workshop (so there is nothing to fix as far as they see it), they said they are not going to reimburse me with a replacement laptop or a cash refung. And I took out a 3 year extended warranty too. And the laptop is barely 7 months old. £1,350 laptop and I can't watch Netflix, Youtube, the Sky Sports app, pretty much everything. 

The last two audo lag examples happened right after I reformatted the SSD and installed a clean install of Windows 10 (i.e. there was no pre-loaded software interfering from a factory reset install). 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, there really is a delay. Can you tell us the version of the bios that is installed on the laptop as well? I have the ph315-52 model which uses the same motherboard as the ph317-53 with version 1.12 installed and this problem doesn't occur. Also check if updating the drivers with iobit's driverbooster program solves the problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SeaJay68
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The BIOS version was updated by Acer and they said it was 1.06, which is the latest (or was as of two weeks ago).

Iobit sources/updates drivers? I've used Driver Easy (or Easy Driver or something) in the last month but that did not solve the issue. Is iobit somehow better at sourcing drivers or is there something I don't know about?

Thanks for the reply. 

EDIT: Just checked and I have the latest BIOS version. 

I thought of booting up in safe mode with with just internet access and audio. I can get the internet access but not the audio, so that was no good. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The latest version is 1.12:

However, updating the bios is a risky and delicate procedure. Proceed with caution:
    a) disable the antivirus;
    b) disconnect all peripherals from the usb ports;
    c) if possible, connect the laptop to a UPS or there is an UPS that provides power, in case there is a power outage;
    d) let the battery charge to 100%;
    e) leave the power adapter connected and do not interrupt the procedure
    I am not responsible for any damage!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SeaJay68
    Options
    I tried all BIOS versions above 1.06 and an error came up saying it wasn't for my notebook. 

Also, when I go to the IOBIT download page, all I seem to get offered is some, VPN software. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    SeaJay68 said:
    I tried all BIOS versions above 1.06 and an error came up saying it wasn't for my notebook. 

Also, when I go to the IOBIT download page, all I seem to get offered is some, VPN software. 
    Stranger. Can you send a photo of the error? Also, can you also send a screenshot of the acer care center?
    Mensagem de erro quotSorry No  suportado neste computadorquotao instalar o  software de NitroSense - Acer Community

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeaJay68
    Options
    Acer Care Centre and BIOS error

LatencyMon diagnosis

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try disabling the wireless network card:

Check if windows update provides any updates to the latest bios under OPTIONAL UPDATES:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeaJay68
    Options
    I then disabled the wi-fi and used just Ethernet, and there is still audio lag. 

I installed the Insyde firmware, tried installing the BIOS 1.12 version, but I got the same error. So I tried it again after rebooting, and still got the error. 

The audio lag is still present. 

Thanks for the replies by the way. I appreciate the time you take out to do so. 
  • SeaJay68
    Options
    I tried IOBIT and updated the audio driver, but it didn't work. I couldn't update anything else because it was asking me to buy the Pro version. 
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,333 Pathfinder
    Options
    @SeaJay68
    Follow step number 12 from this guide and check if your issue still persists or not
    Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • SeaJay68
    edited August 2021
    Options
    egydiocoelho and GAMING6698 (thanks for the tips by the way), you won't believe this. I thought, I got nothing to lose, so I went back to the beginning, and unchecked/modified (pretty much everything GAMING suggested) things in the 'Sound' panel, and it is now much better. I say much better, and not perfect, because can still detect a tiny bit of lag, but I think I am ok with it. Then, I get an email notification from GAMING, suggesting those fixes!

Life is strange on times :) I am just hoping it doesn't revert back to how it was, because then, it was basically unwatchable. 

Thanks again. 

• GAMING6698
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @SeaJay68
    1)Also follow below steps-
    (I will add these steps soon in guide)

-Right-click the Sound icon in the Notification area and open Sounds, open the Playback tab, right-click on your default device, and open Properties.
    -Under the Enhancements tab, check the Disable all enhancements box.audio enhancements-Apply and ok
    -Restart your laptop 

2)Follow step no. 15 then restart your laptop when done

3)Also turn off hardware acceleration setting found in chrome, edge, opera, Netflix, Spotify, etc
    Given in step no. 
    Mentioned about this in step number 22

• SeaJay68
    Options
    I have just disabled HPET, and hardware accelration, but I don't have a 'Enhacement' tab in my Sound panel. 

The lag is much better now. It's still there, but it's much reduced and I think I'm ok with it. 

Thank you all very much for your patience and advice, it is much appreciated. 
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @SeaJay68
    Step no.18 can also solve your problem just try it

• GAMING6698
    Options
    @SeaJay68
    Just forgot everything and follow all steps one by one from this guide 

• SeaJay68
    Options
    Ok, I have followed the steps on here, and it seems the audio-lag has gone. 

Thank you all very much, I really appreciate your help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Also check if there is any antivirus interfering with the sound settings.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeaJay68
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I don't have anti virus installed but thanks for the advice. 
  • SeaJay68
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Might have spoken too soon. The lag came back, and it was bad. I was watching Netflix, and I use Video Speed Controller to speed up what I was watching. After I did that, the lag was bad. I'm guessing the Controller messed it up, but I don't know for sure.

Either way, I uninstalled the Controller, and checked the bit rate. The bit rate had changed from 16 bit, 44100 to 24 bit 44100. I've noticed that it keeps doing this too. One minute it's set right (16 bit 44100), the next, it's changed (24 bit 44100). I thought it kept changing after a reboot, but now I know it can change without a reboot. 

No idea why it does this. I can't keep checking to change it back every 10 minutes. 

EDIT: I am getting fed up with Windows so I am seriously considering dual booting to Linux Mint. Would you recommend this?