Options

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @SeaJay68

1)Replace Audio driver with a generic driver

-Right-click Start and open Device Manager.

-Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section.device manager audio driver-Right-click on the Realtek/Intel sound driver and uninstall it.

-Restart your laptop and do audio test without installing any other driver

2)Select and Use high performance PowerPlan
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    First, try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes. Then check if the problem is resolved.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @egydiocoelho
    Should we suggest him to send laptop to service centre for updating bios and  fixing audio lag issue?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • SeaJay68
    SeaJay68 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    @SeaJay68

-Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section.device manager audio driver-Right-click on the Realtek/Intel sound driver and uninstall it.

I applied this fix before and it made no difference. I heard the RealTek audio drivers are not that good these days, so I tried the default, but as I say, it made no difference. 
  • SeaJay68
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @SeaJay68

The forums are acting weird, so this post appeared twice. 
  • SeaJay68
    Options
    First, try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes. Then check if the problem is resolved.
    I haven't tried this yet, so  I will do so. 

I have sent the laptop off to Acer twice, and the second time they updated the BIOS. They told me there was no point in sending my laptop off to them a third time because they can't replicate the fault at their place, so they can't fix it. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did the battery reset solve the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SeaJay68
    Options
    Did the battery reset solve the problem?
    To be honest, I forgot to try it. But the lag is much better now, and for some reason, even with the earphones. I tried all the fixes and nothing really seemed to work. Then, I went back and retried a few of them, and now it seems to be ok. I will try the battery rest right now.  
  • SeaJay68
    Options
    Well that's odd. In order to remove the battery it seems I have to unscrew the bottom off the latpop. I'm not sure I want to do that right now, seeing as the lag seems to have gone. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You don't need to disconnect the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes. Then check if the problem is resolved.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeaJay68
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I just did the battery suggestion and the lag is now minimal. I can notice it - but only if I am purposefully looking for it. Otherwise, given time, I don't think I am going to notice it. 

Thank you. 

By the way, does anyone know how to stop Windows from changing the Audio Sample rate? I keep setting it to 16 bit 44100 but when I go back and look, it's reverted back to 24 bit 44100. It's a little annoying because I think the 16 bit 44100 sample, helps. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried uninstalling and deleting your audio driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    About the problem with audio, does the problem also occur when connecting a headset with microphone?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeaJay68
    Options
    Yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled the audio driver
    Uninstalled all audio drivers and just used the default Microsoft audio driver
    It lags both with headphones and without
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this delay also occur when playing?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeaJay68
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by 'playing'. If you mean, does it lag when I watch something on VLC which has already been downloaded onto my drive, then yes.  

About the only time it doesn't seem to lag is when I am on Zoom. 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Always always always use the driver from Acers Driver downloads site for your model then choose to "rollback" to that version once windows force updates it.

This apply to all Predator models.
    For some reason Realtek (from Acer) always has issues with the audio engine from Nvidia with Windows issued versions.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you play Counter Strike or any other game, is there also an audio delay?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SeaJay68
    Options
    When you play Counter Strike or any other game, is there also an audio delay?
    That is a good question, and the truth is, I'm not really sure. There doesn't seem to be, but every now and again, I think I notice it. It doesn't help that right now I am playing pc games that don't tend to have a lot of dialogue in them. I try to remember to keep an eye on it from now on but generally, if I had to say, then no, I don't see any audio lag when I play pc games. (But, not 100% sure). 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you disable hardware acceleration in chrome and firefox, does the same problem occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer