Acer Aspire Vn7 571 nitro - black screen, BIOS/acer logo visible with HDMI and external screen

1235»

Answers

• Wesleydewijs
    Wesleydewijs Member Posts: 46 Troubleshooter
    @JackE Jack you did it, you're a hero! I got a new working laptop! Everything works smoothly accept that the keyboard is not working after installing the new HDD. But this is not a problem for me, since I prefer using an external keyboard/mouse anyways. And you have helped me enough already haha! 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Congrats on you success.  :)   Thanks for reporting back. Does the internal keyboard work OK to enter the BIOS menu with the F2 key at startup?

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    @JackE Hi jack, sorry for the late reply. I checked and the keyboard also doesn't work with f2 on startup. But keyboard LED is working tho. I tried re-installing the drivers too but no success. I also double checked the cables inside the laptop and they are properly connected. Weird! 
  • JackE
    Keyboard backlight LED is a small connector that is separate from the wide keyboard input ribbon connector. You must actually re-seat the wide keyboard input connector to help clean its contacts. The ribbon contacts are held in place on the mainboard by a rather flimsy sliding wedge that sometimes doesn't press hard enough against the mainboard contacts and none of the keys work too well if at all.

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    Thanks yea I double checked and reseated those cables but unfortunately no result! 
  • JackE
    Sorry. That's a fairly cheap common keyboard on many nitro series. Might be worth $25 trying out a new one. Just google vn7-571 keyboard for  vendors who ship to where you're at.

Jack E/NJ