Acer Aspire Vn7 571 nitro - black screen, BIOS/acer logo visible with HDMI and external screen

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Wesleydewijs,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    >>>I checked and it was from a UEFI BIOS machine.Created from the Windows media creation tool (the link you send) >>>>

Try all the USB ports.

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    Wesleydewijs Member Posts: 46 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    >>>I checked and it was from a UEFI BIOS machine.Created from the Windows media creation tool (the link you send) >>>>

Try all the USB ports.

Tried all ports - no results 
  • Wesleydewijs
    Hi @Easwar, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately I am not able to acces alt+f10 or any other key, accept for f2 (Bios) and f12(boot manager)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Wesleydewijs,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/service-contact

• JackE
    Do you still have the UEFI BIOS secure boot disabled?

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    JackE said:
    Do you still have the UEFI BIOS secure boot disabled?
    Yes, it's disabled! 
  • JackE
    OK. Temporarily change the BIOS back to legacy mode. Then boot from the USB installation stick. But we want to go to the advanced or troubleshooting section. We're looking for the command prompt, which is a black screen with white letters in the upper left hand corner. The lettter should look something like X : \windows\system32\>_ or something similar. If you can get to this command prompt screen in legacy mode, I'd like you to enter 'diskpart' at the command prompt. A diskpart prompt should appear, DISKPART>.  At this prompt, enter 'list disk'. What do you see as a result? A phone photo would help.    

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    • @JackE this is what showed up: 

• JackE
    So far. So good. Now enter 'list volume' at the DISKPART>_  prompt. What does the result look like?

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    @JackE. ****

• JackE
    OK. The problem seems to be the USB installation stick. Somehow It looks like it's for upgrading a BIOS laptop with an earlier Windows version. Don't try to use it as is.

Try this. Download the Win10 iso. Then download and install Rufus freeware.  Insert the USB stick. Then open Rufus to install the iso for both legacy BIOS and UEFI computers. Stick should be GPT partitioned, FAT32 format.

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    edited May 2021
    @JackE Inside GPT, the UEFI (no CSM) is the only target system option. Only the MBR partition scheme has a BIOS (or UEFI-CSM) option. Which one do I select? 

• JackE
    Try UEFI-CSM first. That's essentially for both UEFI & BIOS computers. GPT. FAT32

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    edited May 2021
    JackE said:
    Try UEFI-CSM first. That's essentially for both UEFI & BIOS computers. GPT. FAT32

Hi Jack, thats what im trying to point out haha, the UEFI-CSM option is not available with a GPT partition scheme. Only the MBR partition scheme has the UEFI-CSM option (inside Rufus)
  • JackE
    Simply try them both. Won't hurt anything.    :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    JackE said:
    Simply try them both. Won't hurt anything.    :)   Jack E/NJ
    I tried the following: 
    - Boot from: GPT > UEFI (non CSM) - no result, black screen
    Boot from GPT > (file system: NTFS (also disabled secure boot) - no result, black screen
    Boot from MBR > 
    BIOS (or UEFI-CSM) - no result, black screen 

All options were booted with UEFI mode enabled in f2. 
  • JackE
    edited May 2021
    >>> (file system: NTFS

No, not NTFS. Stick must be FAT32 file system.

Jack E/NJ

• Wesleydewijs
    JackE said:

Hi Jack, the FAT32 options are also not working. 
  • Wesleydewijs
    JackE said:

Hi Jack, the FAT32 options are also not working. 
    I tried the NTFS option after I tried booting from the FAT32 with GPT and no result