Options
124»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Disconnect the HDD!!!!.

Can you boot from the Samsung evo 860 m.2 250 GB????

Jack E/NJ

• OsamaDiaab
    OsamaDiaab Member Posts: 120 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    Disconnect the HDD!!!!.

JackE said:
    Disconnect the HDD!!!!.

yes 

but laptop need a 8 hour's to open with hdd
    and without hdd (disconnect hdd) 10 sec only
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>but laptop need a 8 hour's to open with hdd>>>and without hdd (disconnect hdd) 10 sec only>>>

You must remove old defective HDD immediately, It needlessly stresses your laptop hardware. New 1TB HDD's are very inexpensive now. Western Digital has a very good 1TB drive for less than $50USD. I have a lot of good experience with these HDDs. You should consider a WD10SPZX if you also need a new HDD to replace your defective HDD. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• OsamaDiaab
    edited June 2021
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>but laptop need a 8 hour's to open with hdd>>>and without hdd (disconnect hdd) 10 sec only>>>

You must remove old defective HDD immediately, It needlessly stresses your laptop hardware. New 1TB HDD's are very inexpensive now. Western Digital has a very good 1TB drive for less than $50USD. I have a lot of good experience with these HDDs. You should consider a WD10SPZX if you also need a new HDD to replace your defective HDD. Jack E/NJ  

ok
    which better for me ?

ssd or hdd

i want anyone like 500GB

but i'm used my laptop so heavy to write big data maybe 200 GB per day

which one better for TBW ???

1 tera HDD or 480 GB SSD ??

and the hdd is good for this ??

https://www.toshiba-storage.com/products/toshiba-internal-hard-drives-l200/

or 

WD10SPZX

or 

WD10JPVX

or

WD10JPCX

• JackE
    Options
    I recommentd WD10SPZX as thinner, faster & bigger cache than the others. And better than a cheap 480GB SSD that runs too hot and has no DRAM cache for good reliability, not much better than a USB pendrive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OsamaDiaab
    Options
    JackE said:
    I recommentd WD10SPZX as thinner, faster & bigger cache than the others. And better than a cheap 480GB SSD that runs too hot and has no DRAM cache for good reliability, not much better than a USB pendrive. Jack E/NJ
    it's better one for TBW ???

better than ssd and toshiba hdd ??

my laptop work long time 8 to 12 hour's per day and big data for write 200 GB per day

are you sure for the choose ??
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, I can't give you a 100% guarantee. I can only recommend what I think is the best option for your situation as you described. Thus you must  decide for yourself if  you feel better choosing one of the other options that you asked about.

Jack E/NJ

• OsamaDiaab
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry, I can't give you a 100% guarantee. I can only recommend what I think is the best option for your situation as you described. Thus you must  decide for yourself if  you feel better choosing one of the other options that you asked about.
    1- thanks for helping me to get best choose
    2- i just ask which better for TBW SSD or HDD ??
  • JackE
    Options
    What is your definition of TBW?

Jack E/NJ

• OsamaDiaab
    Options
    JackE said:
    What is your definition of TBW?
    TBW (Terabyte Written):Terabytes Written" is the total amount of data that can be written into an SSD or HDD before it is likely to fail
  • JackE
    Options
    All depends on the SSD or HDD that you decide to buy. If you buy a budget SSD without DRAM cache like the 480GB you mentioned earlier, it will likely fail before an HDD with a good sized DRAM cache like the WD10SPZX. This is why USB flash drives without DRAM cache have small number of write cycles before failure. Budget SSDs also tend to run hot and drain laptop batteries fast.  

Jack E/NJ