my acer v5 wont turn on. windows 8.1

Options

Answers

• hiimweird
    hiimweird Member Posts: 44 Troubleshooter
    Options
    ...hiimweird said:
    billsey said:
    Can you take a picture that shows the whole screen? There usually a lot more shown than just that. Are you booting from a Windows install image? When does the BSOD show up?
    the bsod most commonly appear after i used it, login to it even the repair thing bsod! im booting on the hard drive that have windows.
  • hiimweird
    Options
    i found out it was the hdd issue. after everytime i turn off and on my laptop it goes to automatic repair. then i choose uefi cirmware thwn i go find the hdd thing and it dosent detect well. hdd motherboard or wire issue
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, so there's a chance that drive is in the process of failing, and the corrupted data on it is causing the BSODs. Try booting on a Windows install image and run it through each of the repair modes to verify the issue doesn't happen when you are not booted from the usual drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hiimweird
    Options
    billsey said:
    OK, so there's a chance that drive is in the process of failing, and the corrupted data on it is causing the BSODs. Try booting on a Windows install image and run it through each of the repair modes to verify the issue doesn't happen when you are not booted from the usual drive.
    its doing nirmal now, ill try to update you guys.
  • hiimweird
    Options
    i am typing from my v5 now. I don't think this is the end. it might do it again.
  • hiimweird
    Options
    there is a tiny problem its in the screenshot below 
  • billsey
    Options
    Go to Details on the Properties window and look at the Hardware IDs. Let us know the numbers that are there and we can hopefully find drivers that match.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hiimweird
    Options
    billsey said:
    Go to Details on the Properties window and look at the Hardware IDs. Let us know the numbers that are there and we can hopefully find drivers that match.
    error 28 tho
  • hiimweird
    edited March 2021
    Options
    now bsod with this stopcode: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error
  • billsey
    Options
    That image just looks like a black background, not a blue screen. Error 28 shouldn't stop you from getting the Hardware IDs...
  • hiimweird
    Options
    billsey said:
    That image just looks like a black background, not a blue screen. Error 28 shouldn't stop you from getting the Hardware IDs...

yes it can stop me. windows cant install driver error popped up. you saw the screenshot right?. also now it wont boot untill the hard drive resitted again (if im allowed to)
  • billsey
    Options
    The screenshot is just a empty black screen with the camera info in white at the bottom...
  • hiimweird
    Options
    billsey said:
    The screenshot is just a empty black screen with the camera info in white at the bottom...
    another one up there
  • billsey
    Options
    The Windows screenshot doesn't show the Hardware IDs, the BSOD screenshot is just blank.
  • hiimweird
    Options
    hiimweird said:
    there is a tiny problem its in the screenshot below 
    this one is error 28. although i dont know the factory of that pci device.
  • billsey
    Options
    We know it is error 28... Click the Details tab then use the Property pull down to view the Hardware IDs. Right click on the top one and choose Copy from the menu, then paste it here. We can likely figure out which device it is from that.
  • hiimweird
    Options
    its been a long time since i boot up the laptop. its still have the thing.
  • billsey
    Options
    That error is usually a drive failure, although some types of viruses can also give it to you if they corrupt the EFI load. Can you boot on a Windows install flash drive?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options
    hiimweird said:
    its been a long time since i boot up the laptop. its still have the thing.
    As you have been advised above and about this "Operating System not found" error, it could be numerous things e.g. BIOS related or that the BIOS is not set to default settings and/or your HDD is not set to 1st boot drive or its defective, it could also be your bootable disk > Press and hold "F10" and press "Power", it could be the MBR (master boot record) do a fix using cmd > Insert the Windows installation USB DVD or CD to fix this or it could be many more problems.

I suggest that you look at this guide "Missing Operating System (Operating System Not Found) for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vistaas they have numerous solutions as its far too long to explain it to you on this space. 

If you don't need the data on your V5 (btw, what exact model is it? e.g. V5-5xx or G or what?) and the old existing 2.5" spinner HDD then I would suggest that you buy a new 2.5" SATA-3 6GB/sec drive and do a clean install of Win-10 not Win-8.1 on this new drive (as you can get a free upgrade with your V5 registration of Win-8.1 to Win-10 Pro) and look at the Microsoft guide of "
    Activate Windows 10" and how to do this while installing Win-10 as that is what I did with an Aspire V5 which I've upgraded from Win-8.1 to Win-10 pro that I was repairing and upgrading just recently which makes the V5 platform very useful and reliable if you put a 2.5" SSD and utilise its max RAM, good luck. 

This is the activation that you should have in Settings > Activation  once you have upgraded to Win-10 Pro from Win-8.1.

• hiimweird
    Options
    no ard drive detected when i want to install windows 10